No Oil Pressure / YT Full Roller Rockers

Good. Thank you. I will take under advisement. I was wondering what to do with the lifter bores. Oil sounds right. My engine machinist was big on using Driven brand oil. Driven has the largest amount of zinc etc needed by the moving contact surfaces. I would guess there are some posts/threads around here on fordsix.com discussing what oil to use, and what break-in oil to use these days. (I'll look when I get a chance.) He said that the Valvoline VR1 high zinc doesn't have as much zinc as it used to contain. Also, I was surprised by the machinist's recommendation to use CRC dry moly spray lube for the lifters.

The cylinders have been honed .030 and crank polished. My engine builder installed the new pistons & rings and crank. Based on Bubba22349 brilliant help, I had the block decked and the pistons are up .009. Pistons and crank are all oiled. This has been a very calculated build in my opinion. Again, Bubba has been such a great help in planning and calculating. It is the little stuff I lack since I am not an engine assembler.

I would use what your cam maker wants you to use. I think that the thought behind the CRC dry moly is that the paste maybe too slippery and especially used with sticky assembly on the lifter bores , that the lifters may not turn as they are suppose to, wearing a divot in one spot in stead of rotating.

Okay, thanks for the advice. I am taking the head over to the shop now and I will ask for further clarification about CRC dry moly spray.

BTW, I found the cam retaining plate for the 1974 200. It has oil grooves on both sides of the plate. So both the 83 and the 74 have grooves on both sides - if this is helpful in trying to figure out what Ford was thinking.

Back