Over Budget On Crossflow Build...Plan B

A

Anonymous

I have burned up the Mustang budget. It is not like I have nothing to show for it here is what I have done to the car itself......

front suspension rebuild
front disk brake swap
shelby drop
04 mustang wheels and new tires
9" rear with Town Car Disks

and on the crossflow....

engine tanked and bored .20 over
new .20 pistons with 22cc dish installed
rods balanced and shot peened
entire rotating assembly balance
zero decked block and all new bearings
have new double row timing chain, gasket set, lifters, roller rockers ready to blot on.

My plan now is to reuse the stock cam, valves and springs if they are all in specs. 3 angle valve job and mill a little off the head. Use the stock exhaust manifold, a C4 bell and a 2v sprint manifold and elec fan.

I would also use a US 250 Oil pump and Duraspark II with the shaft turned down. (But will I need to use the OZ gear with the stock cam or will the DII be OK?)

Next winter I can see about adding headers and a better cam. Any thoughts on what Im doing?? What kind of HP would you think this setup would put out? Please let me know if you have any concerns about what I plan on doing. It sucks that I can't do everything I wanted to but thats life, I guess. Even without doing everything I wanted the car should still kick butt because of the brake/suspension mods and the mild crossflow.

Back