Throttle Rod quick release

This is the throttle rod that attached to the stud on my carburetor. The quick release hole has become distorted over the years and won’t stay attached to the stud. Is there a way to repair this?

Attachments

• 921C769A-2FAE-446D-8643-CCA44588B263.jpeg
    921C769A-2FAE-446D-8643-CCA44588B263.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 7
I have not hada rod linkage in quitea while. Pic does not do justice like in-hand model.
I'd see the junk yard 1st (3 or 5 ways to do that).
I'd also try'n C abt new sales & NOS sales. Last I'd do as U suggest: repair. I'd not like this as it requires the same sequence of operations & materials to get nother "new one", is time consuming, may last choice ona regular day...
I can see 2 methods the 2nd probably better.
1) geta bar, drill from both ends to make same sz "blank" as the lill end piece. B4 doing so,
drill out the lill hole seen here that "wore out too big'.
2) find or crimp a same sz tin scrap (effectively re-creating the worn object)
Oh,
Also U could also get/make a larger ball to stuff in 'this one's hole'. (In fact, is that not what they
supply to make this repair?).
Last, with another system isa lill clip. It bridges both 1/2s and a 3 sided arm is swung over to clip securly down.
Not sure one would B 'right sized' but I'd look in my parts drawr (window regulator clips, bushings, keyway keys, etc, etc...
EDIT:
mmm, no, that last 1 is a straight line deal. U need to turna corner here, sorry~
wonder ifa longer rod w/hole drilled would wrk w/a (your ball) right sized 'key ring' circle. U no those steel spring circles that hold keys. I've got all sizes and several I remember abt right (temp measure at any rate, 2 spares in the glovie?).

They sell replacements for those but the replacements are made for threaded rod. I bought two of those units (one for the carb linkage, the other for the link coming from the foot feed) and connected them with a short piece of 10-32 threaded rod. The replacements also allow you to easily connect and disconnect the end from the ball without having to worry about damaging anything - just slide the outer sleeve down and it frees the ball.

there,
a 15$ solution seems good.
Also see the lill clips in multipul
choice 4 of 5 above on the sales
site. If I'd add another worthless bit
PLEZ buy frm Jegs, not amizone (if you
do).

Last edited:
Back