Triple Carb and Boosted Small Six Pics

xctasy

5K+
VIP
If any of you blokes and bloke-esses have magazine pictures of Triple Carbed Weber, SU or Stromberg Falcon/Cortina / OHV 200 - 250 sixes, then please consider posting the name and issue of the magazine for this forum. I need to scan some good quality pics for the Americans. I don't think I'll have problems finding the mags...Kiwi second hand book shops are full of Aussie mags..were nuts about 'em!

One really brilliant issue I have is the Tough Sixes Street Machine Series. Issue 1 had a triple SU XP Falcon 200. Lynx Corporation had there intake manifolds shown with 2V and cast integral manifold conversions... But what I'm really trying to track down is a Gunmetal Grey TC XLE 250 Cortina that had triple Weber 45 DCOE's. I think some Australian Street Rod magazines had some info on it.

If anyone knows, please reply!

I am astounded! Viva la X-stralia!

Any one else got such an amazing collection of stove hot six shot Henrys like this?

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

At the moment, all I've got is these.

www.fordsix.com/200_XP_3X_SU.jpg

www.fordsix.com/Pre_250_IV_SU_Plate.jpg

The last link may not actually be a cut-off integral manifold item, but is for a 2V 250 by Lynx Corporation. Appolgies for the poor scan quality. I picked them out of a 12 year old Hot Sixes Street Machine book.

Thanks to Jack Collins and addo for helping post these.

I think you guys should check out JD's pics of triples on a 2V Head in the 144-250 forum, under the Requests from 2V owners # 16. Good stuff if your stuck with a pre-cross flow 2V head and block

XE:-Took me months for me to fix the deffective link. Slack a**ed Kiwi bludger

Hey Duke thats one hell of a nice ute, nice job, wouldn't I love that sitting in mine, how much Hp does that baby put out ???

Joip

MixMasta":2d5xgab6 said:
G'day Mate

This may or may not be of any help to you, but i have made my own picture collection of the 250 X-Flows.
Consists of:
-Turbo
-S/C
-Stock
- and wait for it, triple carbs.

have a squiz.
http://home.tower.net.au/~grin132/albums/ford250/

hope it helps

-Mike.[/url]
------------------------------

Hmmmm, at least 12 of those pics are mine !!!

JD.
Yer, the majority of them are more than likely yours.
I just posted them for my own personal gratification ;)
If you would prefer me to remove them from my host i wont have any qualms with that, just let us no.
cheers.
-Mike.

Mike

No problems thats cool.

My favourite has to be the triples as they look neat and would make that crossflow bark, although the supercharged version wouldn't be slow either, LOL.

XECUTE":2y0ra3u9 said:
The last link may not actually be a cut-off integral manifold item, but is for a 2V 250 by Lynx Corporation.
I saw this thread and thought I would do a little investigation on-line and look what I found.

Product Name: MANIF FALCON 170-250 3XSU Part Number: M060
Your Price: AU $371.69 (US $215.58)

Product Name: MANIF FALCON 170-250 3XD Part Number: M058
Your Price: AU $383.24 (US $222.28)

Product Name: MANIF FALCON 2V 250 3XSU Part Number: M189
Your Price: AU $350.68 (US $203.39)

Product Name: MANIF FALCON 2V 250 3DHLA Part Number: M190
Your Price: AU $361.02 (US $209.39)

Hay Mike (AZ Coup), maybe you could add these to your parts page, or anyone can just go to the lynx web page and order on line. Go to:

http://www.lynxcorp.com.au/shopping/default.asp
In the first box go to manifolds, in the second box go to Lynx manifolds and just scroll to the part you want to order.
I’ve added this site to my favorites so I don’t forget. Now all I need are three workable SUs and the linkage. Maybe this should be a new post under the small sixes forum.

1. Wise and preceptive US citizens are more aware of my mistake!. The second link was indeed the Lynx Triple SU carb set -up for the Aussie 250 2V...not the cut-off triple arrangement as shown in the first link.

2. Thanks for the information on Lynx manifolds. It has been known for many years that the six cylinder performance aftermarket is very fickle. Australia is more six cylinder orientated than any other market in the world, but I understood Lynx Corporation, Australia, got out of casting intakes because they made no profit. Today, they thrive on aggresively marketed mainstream products. Redline, Cain and Ultraflow make other intakes for cross flow Falcons but the I6 isn't catered for. Any Lynx manifolds for pre-cross flow I6's will beome like gold, so if you want them,don't procrastinate, buy them!

3. I'm delighted with the interest this topic has generated. I would appreciate any further comment!

I've been unable to find this article

One really brilliant issue I have is the Tough Sixes Street Machine Series. Issue 1 had a triple SU XP Falcon 200. Lynx Corporation had there intake manifolds shown with 2V and cast integral manifold conversions... But what I'm really trying to track down is a Gunmetal Grey TC XLE 250 Cortina that had triple Weber 45 DCOE's. I think some Australian Street Rod magazines had some info on it.

But here are some awesome links to more pre-cross-flow bliss.

1. This is an Argentine LHD Ford "Cortina" called a Taunus SP5. It never got the sixes your Aussie tc/td/te/tf Cortinas got, so this guy fitted a triple Weber DCOE 45 manifold to a Falcon SP 221 engine. The block is Aussie spec, the head is a less large version of the old 250 2V, but with hi-rise ports to suit the XK-series Falcons they had until 1995!

999_spr_aggrmotor.jpg

2. This is an Argie Falcon with twin 3-choke 911 T carbies. Forget the driving, look at the carbs, man!
http://freehost19.websamba.com/serfalcon/fotos/FUT80.MPG

MandarinaRacing loaded it onto the 144-250 forum, and it worries me about how close the hombre got to the white Falcon. The Renualt R18 was a bit stunned as he zoomed by! Good stuff, if your 'puter can run it!

HEY dukeowindsor
is that thing supercharged how did you go about doing that could i do it to my us 200 with a me head? instead of doing the twin turbos id like to do that or both if they would work together

I don't know the issue but there was an old Falcon Panel van in Street Machine couple of years ago. it was white and had 6 throttle injection on it with carbon fiber ram tubes. It was very tuff and made plenty of horsepower also!

Go the turbos though!

XECUTE,
I live near Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania in the USA. I have an American 250-6 with an Australian head that I installed 3-45DCOE Webers with a homemade manifold. I tried to send you pictures using the email address you have listed, but my internet could not find it. If your still interested let me know how to send them.
Hotrod Bill

Just in case you cant remember how good a Triple Carb six lookes, heres Hotrod Bill's number, care of RogueS, a man who can find the missing link in any chain of posts!

OZtrips.jpg

now that i can finally get my own pics up i thought use might like to see these from motorvation in perth

1058189447_Mvc_032s.jpg

1058189372_Mvc_024s.jpg

1058189327_Mvc_023s.jpg

1058189269_Mvc_008s.jpg

lets hope they worked

-matt-

Back