I'm going to Blow my Budget!!!!

You know a little too much about what a contented sheep looks like. :unsure:

Jared

I have no idea what a contented sheep looks like, but I damn sure know what sexual frustration on the face of a woman looks like, LOL

I do. This is happiness!

happyico.gif

http://www.theblacksheep.net/indexa.htm

The best kind of happiness is a warm Falcon though. Dukeowindsor has the best Supercharged Falcon around. It's on LP Gas and is just perfect in my opinion. Hook on to this site

http://www.coogeebayperformance.com.au/popup8.htm

or vist http://fordsix.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=920&highlight= on the Aussie forum.

Wow! Looking at those pics of that supercharged-LPG Falcon gets me all excited about making progress with my turbocharged-LPG Mustang...! :shock: :eek: ;)

"something that gagsta_858 from Canada would appreciate"

And now MandarinaRacing!

This hot six cylinder site has gone outta control, gentleman!

I guess the rest of the world is finding out what you guys knew all along...there's nothing finer than a stove hot in-liner!

Aussie Air support

Jeez, that looks expensive. :( Dat boy has just blown a new OHC Falcon engine.

:rolflmao:

Hey, notice the radiator says "Beware of the Fan". Should have an arrow pointing to ME!!

Wow! One of the cleanest LPG rigs I've seen. The TodoFalcon guys will be crying in their beers now.

Hmmm, the sudden impact of two turbos pointing at you isn't easily eclipsed by anything. That Intech six kicker is a weapon. I've found this old shot of a Wade blower to show you all an inferior version of a good looking engine. The donk is a Rover 3500 V8, AKA 215 Buick. Notice the Mr PunyVerse drive pulley. These superchargers are great polished, but are a little more curvey than a 4/71 or 6/71 blower, and don't look quite as schmick. They are very cheap though. Des, the diesel mechanic I got it off, almost laughed when I called him early last month about getting one. I said I wanted a TS3 scavenge pump. Instantly, he said, oh you want a Wade Supercharger!

Here it is on a 215 Buick in an Austin 10
Austin%20V80002.jpg

and another link to an Englishman flogging off an RO34 equiped Rover 215 V8
http://www.bcwebsites.inuk.com/ENGINE.jpg

My (four :shock: :shock: ) eyes are never full of seeing that turbo six above. Hate to harp, but dang it is gooooood

1 question,

is it really necessary to tilt the engine?

Ok 2 questions,

If i take out the power steering and no A/C will i still need to tilt if i wanted to copy, i mean borrow your idea

1 last one,

can this be done on a NA 200 I6

Hmm. I guess it could just poke out the bonnet like a mean streeter! He heh eh ehheheheeeeeeeeeee!

Have a look at my first post on rocking the six. It was just an angrey reaction to the idea that hi po sixes weren't what Mustang Monthly wanted to see.
http://fordsix.com/forum/viewtopic....ays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=mustang monthly

The US, Argie and pre 1976 Aussie I6 engines are much freer space wise than the wide, canted valve x-flow Geelong built I6.

I think you should rock it 30 degrees towards the drivers side for your US engines, and then arrange the blower to fit under the bonnet of bracing in a uni-body Ford. I guess the first post on the TR6 showed that the Wade blower can sit in any position, and the air duct to the intake of the engine doesn't have to be a twin holed intake item like the GMC '71 cube 2-stroke blowers are.

The blower on mine would stick out over the passenger seat on my XE Falcon witout a tilt over, and there isn't enough space to clear the spring towers easily...its very close. I did think of just having it mounted over the valve cover, but the heat and ducting make it a little tight. Some Opel engines, based on the old Opel GT you guys got in the 70's, had (on Opel Manta 400's) an EFI system that travelled through the rocker cover to the other side, so it is possible.

My wife would be fairly upset with me shoving a big blower through the bonnet, and for me, go is much more important than show

Do a check on the Slant Six forum. The Chrysler 170/198/225 Slant six is just a normal six, with a block no different from the run of the mill Chevy, Ford or AMC in-line blocks.

I work on the idea that form follows function. If you can package it, do it. If you've got it, flaunt it. Depends on what you really want.

The experiences of my V8 buddies breaking blocks, diffs and gearboxes with modified Cleveland, Windsor, FE and Lima V8's is a valuable lesson. My mate Blair blew 8 grand on his 351C when the block got crazed becasue of someone elses stuff up. A V8 is mega bucks to do up, but sixes grow on trees and are dirt cheap. I can afford to blow the block, head, trans, diff and even blower with what I propose...it's all cheap. That's the key to good hop-ups.

http://www.geocities.com/brettgoodridge

My Dad used to have an old AP-5 Valiant, a four door Plymouth with straight through body lines and a standard 225 slant six. Parts for these old things grow on trees down here too. Engine mounts, sumps, easily found. This is were I am robbing my other bits

XECUTE":1umwr1a5 said:
I guess the first post on the TR6 showed that the Wade blower can sit in any position,

if i can't get a wade blower what is the cheapest blower that i can get here in canada or usa?

The GM3800 super charger found on Buicks, or the SC T-bird item is a good start. Or a really clean 4/71 of a stationary GMC or school bus. Just be sure you've got a spare and some good friends to help you out. Or an imported Jap supercharger from CRS in Victoria, Australia.

Breaking things is what blowers do. It's nothing to bolt on the equivalent of 60% of the orginal engines cubic inches in pure torque and power. A 200 cube six behaves like a 327 Chev. A 144 behaves like a 235 cube engine. A 250 is like a 400 Ford. My 228 machine will be like 365 cube V8.. I hope!

Just getting it to run without scoring the alloy lobes and getting the drive and fuel mixtures right is going to be a mission. Then theres lowering the compression, doing the ignition...all of it time consuming, and if you mess up, it could be the finish of the engine. That's why I'm looking at propane...the adjustment is all easily dialed in without the expense of injection, carb changes or the need for high octane fuel.

A turbo or a blower, they'll all work. Just depends how you plan it, and if you factor in a few stuff ups. Get some brave pills, and have a go!

Another option is to try one of these brand new items

sc-alt1.jpg
sc-head.jpg

It's an updated SC12, called a TX12, and it shows 33% power boost from 210 hp to this 280 hp Toyota Altezza. No interccoler, just simple , pure boost.

Note that I've decided to rock the six 50 dergress to the starbord side, and then back off the stock level trans positon by 5 degrees, so its closer to the wacky T5 82 on-wards Camaro/Firebird set up.

I've had to do this because the starter on my AOD four speed trans is angled 106 degrees clockwise from vertical, not 56 degrees clockwise from vertical. This means I have to lean it 50 dgrees, the difference between the two, or place the starter somwhere else. :devilish:

Thing is, an Aussie 250 is about the same deck height as a 351 Windsor, and taller than a 351Cleveland. Although the Cleveland bases 400 V8's bolt right in with a 10.306 inch deck, over 0.9 inches taller than my 250 block, the headers are very close to the shock towers. So a 50 degrees tilt is like a one 45 degree tilt of a 400 Ford V8 bank of cylinders. So I've decised to back it off to 45, and tilt the auto gearbox a little. :unsure:

Clear as mud.

Now I'm looking for a set of engine mounts. Wish me some good fortune,'cause I'm gonna need it!

Still, do you Really need to Tilt the donk? If you're worried about underhood clearance, you've got enough underhood room there to challange a Sherman Tank - This is a Foulcan we're talking about! Since you're way down south, you dont need to worry about A/C - Why not locate an A/C / Altinator bracket, and modify it to suit the supercharger you're considering. Use an FMIC or A/WIC a'la '03 Lightning, and route the intake piping Skyline style

Remember the KISS principle!! It wont be that different, Chrysler have done it before on the Slant!

Back