Updated 03/2009 - First posted 12/2002 - Aussie 2V owners!

Yep, I've got one also. I'm collecting parts towards my anything-but-a-Shelby-clone fastback, but right now I'm working on getting my '39 on the road and a re-fi on the house to get both a lower payment and some working capital for more enclosed garage space. I'll get back on the Mustang after the Chevy gets a coat of primer and air conditioning.

I just bought one from Mike yesterday. Cant wait to get it. Engine should be complete in March.

ruckus68":2qlf4j3t said:
gagsta_858 where bouts you located?
Cheers
John
canucks fan also
wife is an edmonton fan and thought she could put the edmonton ornament higher that the canucks ornament :nono: . I showed her the error in her ways and put them in their proper places. :D
I'm in VanCity.
where did you get your header from?
how much did it cost in good old canadian $$$?

sorry if i'm bogging you with questions ;)

i got the header from ebay, it's never been used and paid 175 plus 20 for shipping all in us funds

came to just over 300 cdn(crappy cdn dollar - i hate it)

now i am thinking of getting the pacemakers from Azcoupe since i have an oz 2v head the headers should fit nicely and i think they look much cleaner.

I am going to sell the headers if you are interested. i also have a new weber 38/38 dges carb with electric choke that i am going to sell. It's a good carb but i decided to go with a 500 cfm holley ( the weber is rated at 380 cfm) I paid 250 (almost 400cdn) for it, which is pretty good concidering they are almost 600 cdn from auto parts stores here.

the headers do come up on ebay and some of the FSP members have sold them before so keep your eyes open .

The game should be back on soon so i gotta go

Cheers
John

OK, as I said that 14 owners! I know there are more of you on this board to make yourself known! :shock: ;)

I have had mine running for a long time. This is how it looked originally. It looks not so pretty but very purposeful now. :eek:

goodmotor2.jpg

Rick

I have sold several more that are not listed here. There are more about to be shipped from Aus including one with a wild port job. Not sure if the new owner is a member here. Also have my eye on a tripple webber 2V if anyone is interested.

Ben

I shipped the first 2V to Ricksmol and due to interest back then I sent a further 27 all at cost. But it seems times have now changed. But I did auction one on the old board that was converted to a 4 barrel in an effort to get some of my expenses back. But most were sent to guys who were not board members, hence maybe lack of responses.

They're still showing up for sale but I pass on them as I don't ship them anymore.

Thanks JD,
I know their are alot more Aussie 2V's around, than the ones here, I have been collecting email addresses from the Aussie owners in order to mail to all owner's when something comes up of interest that they may like to here about! In addition to you bring them to the US there are others now, my guess is at least 100 or more are in the US?

Our count here is now up to 15 and still looking! ;)

thanks

Mine is sitting in my closet waiting for me to build it a motor.

A 200BB/C5 is currently being prepped for install into my 63 Comet Custom. I am prepared to order the OZ head/headers Monday but want to know if there are any problems/opportunities specific to the big bell I might encounter. Casting # is E1BE 6015-BB.

Thanks,
Don

I don't know of any! it just bolts onto the head like the original, except the intake does almost touch the shock tower, I just put a new intake gasket on this morning and you do have to remove all bolts, even the alignment ones for it to slip into place! :shock: But a fit is a fit in my book! I'm not up on the comets, maybe someone else can answer the question of fitting.
But now I'd cut metal to make it fit if I had too! :shock: :shock: ;)

2V should fit the Comet fine. We have a set of engine mounts (the block part) that has two sets of bolt holes. Came on 188/221 motors; means you can raise/lower/tilt the block a little if required.

Triple side-draught Webers require hackery to fit. As for SUs, not 100% sure, but that power bulge like the Trumpys had in the bonnet (Jag E-Types, too) looks like a nice weld-in! :eek:

Cheers, Adam.

HELLO BEN

I'M NOT COUNTING MY CHICKENS BEFORE THEY GET HERE. SO ONLY HALF WAY TO HAVING ONE. JUST HALF PAID FOR TOO!

LIVE IN GRACE

LEROY POLL

At the risk of hi-jacking this session, here is a picture of an XL or XP Falocn that ran a stock US-type head with a custom intake applied ..after the intake was cut off, and replaced with a welded plate. This looks like just the ticket for people who can't find a 2V, but love the idea of good induction. These carbs are H6 or H4 SU's, found on early Big Healys, methinks, and could be placed at any angle. Space was no issue with these.

I think that if three Holley #1946 or #2300 float bowls were used and mounted level, you could mount more common HS8, HD6, HS6 or HS4 carbs ( found on early Austins, Healys, Rolls Royces, and pre-emmisions Jaguars). Or make some header style tubes and adapt an Aussie EFI cross flow injection intake like what Jack Collins has on his Mustang.

http://www.fordsix.com/200_XP_3X_SU.jpg

Hope this helps.[/url]

XECUTE
( found on early Austins, Healys, Rolls Royces, and pre-emmisions Jaguars).
Nice picture but looks like way too much welding for me to do! :shock: Also those early cars are quite hard to find here! I think it would be easier to find a Aussie 2V than some of those cars carburators! But it does prove anything is possible! ;)

8)

I have one with a 4bbl Holley intake. Since I am unemployed at moment and have no garage and it is 30 degrees(that should be about -1 celsius I think). I have not done anything. My head is in Florida where my dad was supposed to port and polish it. A year and two months later I just went to Florida for Thanksgiving and the head is still in the crate I sent it in. I am trying to get him to send it back but no luck yet. It looks like I will have to go get it.

Anlushac11, you'll love the performance you get from this head even not ported or polished!

Count up to 17 and still looking!!

Merry Christmas everyone!

Back