All Small Six Vintage lines valve cover need baffles

This relates to all small sixes

Dragonlich1961

Merry Christmas and happy holidays to everyone. My folks decided to get me the finned valve cover from Matt over at vintage inlines. I was wondering what you guys who run one do about baffling to pcv/ breathers. Right now it is wide open and I know that will cause an oil consumption issue. I'm planning on running the summit 3390 and 3391 breather/ pcv.

some 'glue" in, others screw/bolt in a s.o.p. baffle. Is it moroso or another who supplies thru summit, etc? Use the thread search. Its the rout I'll use too~
BTW: no 'consumption' issue, but splash. We put the baffle in due to location of PCValve right above it. Possibility of fouling it. Bill, wsa111, moves his up the line several inches. Now he has gone back to a standard vc. He'll B along shortly for comment I imagine...

Last edited:
You have 4lbs of pretty junk of aluminum.
I you can duplicate the baffles in a stock valve cover that will keep oil out of the PCV.
The only option you have is raise the PCV valve 3-4" above the valve cover.
That will keep most of the splash oil from entering the Valve.

You have 4lbs of pretty junk of aluminum.
I you can duplicate the baffles in a stock valve cover that will keep oil out of the PCV.
The only option you have is raise the PCV valve 3-4" above the valve cover.
That will keep most of the splash oil from entering the Valve.
Was hoping for better results. If a baffle is needed then I'll make one. I've been wanting the cover for awhile and they finally had one. Sounds like you have tried the valve cover before and has less the good results. I would like to here more.

"...why the stock valve covers..."
some just gotta mod. I'm not usually 1 to do so but here - I
like the look, as above, will even use the carb hat if possible. Bronks
hada 'fresh air tube' @ the core support & a combo (old/new) may be in
store here in bronkville... The ol addidage - "Any time U mod, there's not just
one issue to over come but have now created a multi-problem project that was simple."

Back