What you think about this CSC Cam for my setup?

ellum

Hi Folks,

I'm Elvis, living in Switzerland (that's not Sweden!), and I'm trying to get something out of my 66 Six-Mustang. Sixes are rare over here in Europe as everyone thinks an US Car needs to have an V8 and so many Sixes died on V8 Swaps....

To my car, ist a 4 Speed (Dagenham) with a 3.20 locked 7.25" axle.

Got a long-tube header 3x2 2.5", port divider and wanna run a Offy 3x1 as is not a daily driver an I can live with it if i need to tune it often. Would like to run 9.5 CR and do little valve job and head porting.

I think the best cam for this is a Clay Smith 264D-112. But I'm not quite sure what a differance a Single or Dual pattern makes except letting the exhaust valve a little longer open? Performance is not all, I would like to still have good MPG and very important for me is a good sound. I'm not thinking in letting the engine climb on every stop to 5000 revs, may just sometimes scream some ricers :)

What you guys think about this?

Would you consider other small mods withs this? I allready got an adjustable rocker arm... I thinking about the classic inlines balancer, but it's quite expensive for no much gain (?).

It's not the first time I build an engige, may new bearings, lifters etc. are self-evidient...

Thanks
Elvis

Hi Elvis,

I ran the dual pattern 264/274 110* cam with my 3x1 Offy and was quite pleased with it. The dual pattern gives the exhuast a bit more help where these old heads need it. If your running 9.5 compression, you can go with an even bigger cam especially running 3 carburetors. I had 8.9 to 1 compression.

I'm running the H-264-112-B that I bought from Classic Inlines. The increase in power was noticable and the car is very drivable. The idle quality is almost marginal but it will always idle in gear.

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your opinions, I'll get that cam and give the head some nice porting.

What you think about the Classic Inlines Balancer? Is it worth?

Cheers
Elvis

ellum":i75shlef said:
What you think about the Classic Inlines Balancer? Is it worth?

I'm assuming your refering to the performance balancer. Hence the question isn't "is it worth it?" The question is "do you need it?" Most motors do not. If not, purchase one of our rebuilt balancers which are still much improved over the stock dampers. Then use the money you saved for something else, like new motor mounts. ;)

Here's an article that might help you decided.
http://classicinlines.com/balancer.asp

Back