X-flow in the US

G

Frustrated with waiting a month or two for an Aussie built engine or transmission part?
I am trying to put together a list of x-flow & pre x-flow owners of Aussie engines in the US. I see posts from around the US, but it doesn't seem that we are very organized. If everyone will cooperate with each other, we could probably swap/sell parts amoungst each other and cut down on the shipping time it takes to get something from OZ. I know some of you already have access to container shipment terminals, combining orders of heavy or bulky items in a container could cut down on the shipping costs. If you would send me an email containing your name, city, state, engine year and type(s) ie log 2V, carburetted x-flow, F.I. x-flow, and email address I will compile the list in alphabetical order by last name and send it to all email addresses I receive.
If there is enough of us out there, possibly I can talk to the site moderators about opening a new forum for Aussie engines in the US.

David McNair in Dayton, Texas (near Houston), 82 carburetted x-flow
email info to mcnairds@yahoo.com

As of June 2nd I have only received three private emails and two forum responses. I know there are more of you out there. This would benefit all of us that own the Aussie engines and are located in the US. Please private mail or forum respond so I can get the list together and send it out to everyone. I will email the list to all that respond at the end of June. If you care to list any parts you have to sell that suit the Auusie engines, I will include that as well.
David in Dayton, TX
mcnairds@yahoo.com

I have a crossflow in a comet and collecting parts for a 2V. I have the head, extractors and a couple intakes. David, what your going to have to do, is do some heavy AU Ebaying and bite the buttet on the shipping. Due to the shipping costs, you have to really pick and choose, but once you convert the dollar, the parts are typically a lot cheaper than what we're used to paying for similar items. With the shipping just a little more. It sure is fun though. And now I have the makings of a really cool little six banger. I know your wanting an OD tranny, is there an Aussie OD tranny equivalent you could use? It'd cost $400.00 for shipping, probably steal a tranny off Ebay. At least you'de be up and running. There might be another option. Let me look...Look around here for some cool conversions:

http://www.rodshop.com.au/links.htm

This is one of those cool web sites I heard about while reading this cool forum.
I has every conversion piece they could think of including an Allison V12 in a Nash :LOL:

I'm (slowly) working on a Crossflow/US200 hybrid. I have an alloy Crossflow head that will be carbureted and everything should be all together within the next year. I'll DEFINITELY be needing gaskets from OZ. I think the gaskets are our common ground here... everyone could probably use at least a spare gasket or two, right? Heck, we might even be able to get a discounted group buy going and save money on the purchase price, not just freight. And of course, I only need the parts from the head gasket up, so if someone just needs the lower gaskets, we can split up a master set too.

I'm Dan Carman in Philadelphia, PA. I check my PM at least weekly, and I'll be following this thread. :D

does anybody else have an actual running crossflow in their car? i'm just wondering to see if anybody else has had success.

i'm glad to know there are other people interested in these great engines.

as for progress...

i've got my crossflow running very strong in the mustang. everything looks and runs great. nothing will be done to the car mechanically after i get the dual exhaust in. (i will install nitrous at the end of my project)

mustangsix2":141i7i34 said:
as for progress...

i've got my crossflow running very strong in the mustang. everything looks and runs great. nothing will be done to the car mechanically after i get the dual exhaust in. (i will install nitrous at the end of my project)
I hope you get the opportunity to show your car soon. I can't wait to see what kind of interest and attention these things get at car shows. 8)

I remember being parked next to a Falcon Ranchero w/ a flathead V8 in it at the Awkscht Fest in Macungie, PA several years ago (great show, btw). Not one person even glanced at my car b/c they had to stand around and gawk at the flattie instead. It was like the rest of the Falcons didn't even exist. :shock: It's good to be different!

And, in our cases (Crossflow owners) we get to be unique and we get the PERFORMANCE too! Take that, flatties and V8s! :eek:

I have an XE crossflow going into a Mercury Zephyr in New York.
Still need a bellhousing to mate a Mustang GT T-5 to it.
Also looking at putting an OHC in my 280ZX...?
Ben

O.K. guys,
I am going to put the list together of the US owners of Aussie engines. I waited an extra month to see if I could get more responses. I will list the 12 or so people with whatever contact info they have supplied. I will PM or email the list. Just a little security so that your info doesn't go out worldwide. Expect to see it in a couple of days.
Thanks to all that responded.
David in Dayton, TX near Houston

Just wondering if you need any more info from me ? 200 Xflow , Crow cam, flattop pistons,redline manifold, Edelbrock 500 cfm, block decked , head shaved,alum. roller rockers. engine is done just waiting on a bellhousing,( looking into an adapter ) Thanks, Mike

I have a 4.1ltr X-flow coming into country in another 6 weeks. It's bone stock for now. It's a T-5 equippedmotor out of an XF Falcon. It has the EEC-IV ecu coming with it. I have a few plans for it.....one being an overbore and de-stroking job to get it to 244ci (4.0ltr). Car will be an early Maverick or maybe something strange like a Merkur XR4ti with Aussie XR6 badges:)

Sounds like that 4.0L will be a fun one! 8)

As of this moment, my Falcon is back on the road (still w/ the stock US200 engine) so that's one project down (brakes/safety items) and one to go (floors and subframe connectors) before I get into the engine build-up project. All I need from OZ are gaskets and a cam.

Yep, I think a 3.72" bore with a 3.75" stroke should be a much better revving motor than a 3.91" stroke 250+ ci motor. I still want to see if I can machine the rod journals down to 1.88". If so, then I can use the common NASCAR/Honda bearing sized rods that have started to become so common. The idea is to get a fairly free reving motor. Now just bring the compression down, open up the ports a bit and slap a turbo and intercooler on it:)

Back