Motor Oil - (Don't know if its the wrong forum)

A

Anonymous

I am a new 1966 Mustang owner. Straight 6 200ci, this may sound childish, but I'm new at this...I don't know, or can't find out what type of motor oil to use or how much to put in. I don't want to take it to a shop, I want to do it myself. Can you help please?!

Sincerely, The New Mustang Guy

This should have been posted on the Motor Oil Forum at SlickieBoy.org..... :LOL: JK

Usually any good 10W-30 oil is acceptable for most conditions. If you have an extremely hot climate, 10W-40 0r even 10W-50 may be needed.

8) i run a 10w40 oil in the falcon, and a 10w30 in the grand marquis. when the mustang gets on the road it will get 10w30 also.

I use 10w30 Mobil 1 synthetic on my 65.

Easy way to check is to run 10w30 conventional oil. If it burns the oil, go up to 10w40. If that burns, go to 20w50. If that burns...time for a rebuild.

Slade

it should take 4quarts of oil put in three and chek the dip stik if its still low put in a nother quart in I use 10 W 30 in the winter and 20W50 in the summer :D congrads on being a mustang owner :party:

I've been using Delo 400 HD motor oil. I add 1 container of Lucas oil conditioner and a Napa Gold oil filter with each oil change. I check my spark plugs each oil change to see how they've been burning. Good luck...ZZ

you mean I have to change the oil? I just change filters as I burn up the 20w50 in 500 miles or so. just carry a jub in the back and if I see the oil pressure dip while stopping or turning I add a couple quarts. I know mine is tired so am just trying to get by until I find a 200 to throw together.

nick

I have a car that I have to add about a quart every 2 weeks. Never need to change the oil. It does it automatically. :LOL:

I have a fresh built engine with less then 2000 miles on it. I use 30w Castrol. I live in South Texas where the winters are mild and the summers are very hot. 40w oil is way to much weight unless your engine is worn. 10-30w in colder weather would be ok. These engine don't turn any high rev's to be needing synthetic oil for ever day driving. I do run Mobil 1 in my high reving 4 cyl. I prefer Castrol oil in my Mustang or anyother engine as far as that.

Back