1980 ford 200ci inline six

fastfalcon_19

i have a 68 200 and there is this 1980 complete 200 for sale for 100 bucks. is this a good year for taking the head and the dizzy etc? p.s. will my 1968 valve cover fit on the 1980 head? ive already had it coated black and the power by ford is done the same color as my car will be, i dont want to change it

yep great head , i dont think it has the egr valve yet dose it? yes the valve cover will fit them all,,
the block? not shure but ya can look if its a hi or low mount starter,, diz is ok too

im running a 1978 200 head on my 1966 170.its just like the earlier heads except with larger ports and valves,hardened valve seats,and larger combustion chambers.you will need to have the head surfaced to match the compression ratio of your engine.this head will give you a big [imo] power increase.

Howdy All:

Q- "doesnt it have the same intake manifold as the 250? it comes off?"

A- Yes, It is the same head used on the 200 and the 250. No, the intake manifold does not come off. It is cast on as part of the head casting. Your '68 200 engine is rated at 9.2:1 compression ratio. The '80 engine is rated at 8:1. The improvements in the later head and the DuraSpark II igniton will not be able to make up the difference from the reduced compression ratio. There is a sticky at the top of this forum about swapping late for early heads. There are two factors that you must deal with to get the most out of this swap- chamber volume and replacement head gasket thickness.

What is the casting code on the '80 head? You should probably get and use the carb on the 80 head too. It is a more complex Holley #1946 carb, but will flow more cfm @185, then your 1968 Autolite 1100, which were downsized to 150 cfm. The linkage on the '80 is a cable type that you may be able to use- from the pedal to the carb. this is where the later valve covers are useful- in providing an anchor for the throttle cable.

Keep the info coming.

Adios, David

Howdy Back:

The '68 Autolite 1100 is a good choice for a tri-power set up because thay don't have a SCV, are very simple carbs, and fairly reliable.

Adios, David

Howdy back:

YEs, that's a good idea. Or you could just remove the choke apparatus and plug the vacuum ports.

Adios, David

Back