NEW Billet Parts

AzCoupe

1K+
Departed Member
Just wondering how many of you would be interested in a billet timing cover, if I decide to make them? Also wondering if it would be beneficial to make an access cover to the cam gear? I know we don't have adjustable cam gears, but I'll make them too if there's enough interest? I'm also working on billet t-stat housings, and water pump pulleys.

All good ideas. Being that I'm a newbie to the I6, having some problems with finding double groove water pump pulley and power steering mounting bracket, a serpentine belt setup would be nice since you're asking.

me personally, i want a throttle cable setup that is dedicated to the six, i'm tired of trying new things in an attempt at getting my hobbled little hobby horse down the road

but if i can't make it go, i gotta make it show, right?

I would be all over something with an old school "cast/finned" look to match your valve covers.
BBC%20timing%20covers.jpg

I know these are for a brand-x engine, but you get the idea :LOL:

Billet with the more machined look really isn't my style, but I'm sure they'd be a hit, especially with a timing cover access.

Adjustable cam sprockets - bring it on. I'd like to get the dual roller but I don't need it right now. When I can upgrade I'd get a dual roller/adjustable if it were available.

Pullies would be great for folks wanting to add a/c or p/s.

I've noticed different versions of the timing cover, the later one I have has bosses for AC hardware, but the earlier does not. I'm just wondering how you would go with that.

Asa":1wxnu7ky said:
me personally, i want a throttle cable setup that is dedicated to the six, i'm tired of trying new things in an attempt at getting my hobbled little hobby horse down the road

but if i can't make it go, i gotta make it show, right?

with an option of a aod cable hookup.

After I get the headers then I will look at additional parts.. Sounds cool especially the adjustable cam gear.
Kevin

I'm going back together as we speak, would love to have one right now, also planning a 250 build here in awhile and would like a kit for does 10's timing chain set up, billet looks nice, but cast would be cheaper and better seller possibly.

Cast isn't necessarily cheaper than billet. You first have to make a pattern and match plates, which runs about $4000. Then you need to cast at least 200 pieces to get a good price from the foundry. And finally, you still need to machine them. The drawback to cast, is that you can't make changes on the fly.

Billet cost less if you make less if you make limited quantities, and you can modify the programming to suit your needs, anytime you want.

Both look nice, I personally would prefer a cast cover to match my valve cover and air cleaner. However, I've been talking with my machinist and we may make several billet parts, including a valve cover, 10" air cleaner, timing cover, water pump pulley, t-stat, wire loom, etc. We may even do a kit like to ones March offers for V8s.

i've already ordered your valve cover and am waiting for it to come in with the head that i ordered.

new stuff always comes out right after i order. it's just the way the universe was built.

I would be interested in the billet water neck and billet pulleys. I would have to see the billet timing cover before I decide.

I have been working on polishing my stock cast aluminum timing cover so might depend on how it looks when done.

Anlushac11":3ewzmpr6 said:
I have been working on polishing my stock cast aluminum timing cover so might depend on how it looks when done.

I thought about polishing my timing cover too, but it seemed to me like the timing cover was pot metal, and in my experience pot metal will get pitted and discolor if you polish it and leave it exposed. You might be able to do some kind of high temp clearcoat on it though. I think they can even do powdercoating in clear now. (y)

Mike,
I would be interested in all the above especially the water pump etc... I would also be interested in the timing cover but would like to get some idea of what it would look like before I jumped totally in!!! :shock:

dj

I just gave them the go ahead to make the first batch of 2V Water Pump Pulleys. They should have them done in a few days, but I'll still need to take them over to be anodized. Not sure how long that will take, I assume just a couple days. I plan to do half in clear, and half in blue, but if anyone wants one in Red let me know ASAP. I'm not sure of the final price (still haven't gotten a quote for the anodizing) they should run about $60 bucks. I'll post pics as soon as they are ready.

As soon as the pulleys are done, they will start on the billet t-stat housings, then we'll do the timing covers after that.

i would be interested in the 2v water pump pulley, color dont matter to me i want it for my bronco so i can install powersteering, big tires are a pain to turn with a manual gear box :cry:

Mike,
are you still thinking about, planning on doing the valve cover and the kit like they do for the v8's?

Dj

Mike red please, I'll get it no mattter what, it matches for me, with my red anodized dampner pulley, your to cheap guy.

Back