Quest for 14 second ets

Gene, finally after all your work & $$$$$'s 14's are a done deal. Congradulations. :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: Bill

Good job Gene!

Interestingly enough the phonetic sound "Good job", in Mandarin Chinese roughly translates to English as: "I respect you work in acquiring 14 second time of elapse in drag race, however with turbocharger car make elapse 12 seconds drag racing."

Cheers to you! :beer:

First Fox":3ljc2suk said:
Good job Gene!

Interestingly enough the phonetic sound "Good job", in Mandarin Chinese roughly translates to English as: "I respect you work in acquiring 14 second time of elapse in drag race, however with turbocharger car make elapse 12 seconds drag racing."

Cheers to you! :beer:
LMAO.... :rolflmao:

82F100":2690igbg said:
Gene,
Congrats on hittin the 14's :beer: any other passes in the 14's?
Here were all the runs in the order they occurred....I wasn't hooking up very good on the first two passes but then the track came around.

Changed from .028 to .031 squirter...

Tried slightly higher shift points...

Well done Gene. :mrgreen: :nod: Lovely to see your work all come together.

No lets see it continue to drop as things get hotter.

xctasy":3jwsf1a8 said:
Now lets see it continue to drop as things get hotter.
That will be the challenge...to get it to the point where it will still run 14's when it is 80 to 90 degrees out.

Gene Fiore":35jkukcq said:
That will be the challenge...to get it to the point where it will still run 14's when it is 80 to 90 degrees out.

It will be a challenge if SpeedWorld closes up. I read an article recently on how the state of AZ is near canceling the lease on the land.

I have read so many slightly different versions on the Speedworld & Maricopa County disagreement. I've read how the state of Aridzona is with Speedworld, then I read AZ may cancel the lease. I take the wait and see attitude on Speedworld.

I do know at this point with Firebird and Speedworld race tracks have their futures both up in the air, I am not spending any cash on the cars or parts.

I have my Falcon back together. Other items have my attention the next few weeks though

Crosley":lw6hx8aw said:
Gene Fiore":lw6hx8aw said:

It will be a challenge if SpeedWorld closes up.
That's for sure...another forum I'm on is encouraging racers to write to governer Brewer to plead our case to keep Speedworld open. It will be a sad day if all the tracks in this area are closed. :cry:

Do you have a pic of the time slip , Id like to see the increments 60fts etc , and how much does your car weigh with you in it , and congrats on hitting the 14's

FalconSedanDelivery":2fqxskby said:
Do you have a pic of the time slip , Id like to see the increments 60fts etc , and how much does your car weigh with you in it , and congrats on hitting the 14's
I don't currently have a way to take a pic of the slip, but I can provide them for you. Here are the numbers from the time slip:

60ft...2.1021
330ft...6.1199
1/8 et...9.4767
1/8mph...73.02
1000ft...12.3323
1000mph...82.46
1/4et...14.9251
1/4mph...89.61

The car weighs approx 2750 with me in it.

Congratulations Gene!
Thx 4 posting the whole timeslip, it told the Gonkulator a story right away:
Weather was worth about .08sec
Bigger half of gain was NOT weather, it was better 60ft & 330ft.
I used a combination of traction and cutting down the hesitation "mystery factor" I have to use to slow your car down between 60ft and 330ft. Maybe the squirters gave it more gas in that crucial range.

I wonder now if it is a tad LEAN but happier on the bottom cuz of the fatter squirters. Not by much though.

Strange though, the Gonkulator model of your car likes higher shift points, gains about .08sec and 0.4mph. Where were you throwing&completing the shifts again?

I changed back to your old 60F weather and Gonkulator said
9.53 at 72.3
15.01 at 89.3
Just BARELY misses even w your track and "normal" weather.
The air density you had yesterday is about what we get here in Cali most summer evenings so Id consider your timeslip "normal" already. Great to hear. :D

WerbyFord":1hs952zx said:
Strange though, the Gonkulator model of your car likes higher shift points, gains about .08sec and 0.4mph. Where were you throwing&completing the shifts again?
Hmmm...all of my runs were shifting at 4800 rpm. The last pass I made I shifted at 5000rpm and the car slowed slightly, but maybe it was related to something else.

Gene,

Your 5" pulley for your alternator. Was it a power steering pump pulley or a aftermarket one like a Mr Gasket or Moroso. If it was a stock pulley what was the application?

Thanks!

Again, congrats on entering the 14's!! :LOL: :LOL:

Back