Engine in the front seat?

so they have that detachable intake - no log to mess with?

Yes the Aussie and Argentine Ford six'es had them (removable intakes that is), and here in the US we got the short end of the stick on inline six tech! :nod:

engine setback all started in the US back in the late 50,s early 60,s because tire technology wasn't keep up with hp so to do what the could they outset the front wheels and set the engines back. it was the pre runner to todays funny cars.

63falcon4drwagon":1gzhqe1h said:
pikesan":1gzhqe1h said:
That's nuts!!

Let's see your 63 Falcon wagon. That's what I have!

I'll have to take some pictures. It's 1963 beige 4dr wagon with black 14" steel wheels 200ci engine C4 tran + 8" rear end.
The front seats are out of a (2002?) Kia. They were like new at Pick'n'Pull for $26.99. I have pictures of the seats installed. I have been driving it for 25 years. I had a 1963 Ranchero 302ci C4 for about 10 years before this car.
I have to figure out how to upload picture to this site if that is possible.

Sounds very similar to my car cept I'm going 200 + T5 and keeping 4-lug and bench seat to slide my honey over close!!

"...and bench seat…"
boy tryin 2 get 1 for the bronk is expensive.
At 57 inches I bet it's the same exact seat?
Wish I knew some 1 with a "destroyed' but intact one. I can clean up, rust proof, cushion & re-upholster.
Just need all the pieces (or a diagram, esp the frame that holds it up on pass. side. "We" have a deep well over there).

pikesan or 63falcon:

Can you give me a hand locating a part?

How long is your front bench seat?
What's the availability, if you don't mind…?

Ford Down Under and the OZ people never gave up on the six - when we went bent8 w/the muscle cars they cont. to develop the six with cross flow and other advances. I.e. look at the detachable intakes on CI's site for 1...
Not sure if that answers ur short Q, but 's how I like to...

the argie six doesn't look much different than our six's, i know they have the sp head and intake, but i don't see how it would make such a drastic change in power. these guys look like they would smoke a few built v8's and they are not even running any boost

64 200 ranchero":w1h8afyf said:
the argie six doesn't look much different than our six's, i know they have the sp head and intake, but i don't see how it would make such a drastic change in power. these guys look like they would smoke a few built v8's and they are not even running any boost
I saw a x-flow (250, 6 cyl) on CI rated at 500HP.

no, they tell me an engine is simply an "air pump", the more thru the more power.
It needs the fuel & spark, course, but flowin the air thru increases the power.
Modern cams, chamber design, bore/stroke ratios, hitech piston/valve/spring, etc…

I can imagine - it eventho I'm some 1 who is always askin 4 a referal to a good highschool autoshop text book.
Sorry I can't explain it better, I just don't have the automotive theory.

Again - anyone have a good reference for me to read ?

Back