Valve keeper question.

Dragonlich1961

Getting ready to re assemble my head. Appears comp sent me the wrong keeps. I have in my hands 11/32 keepers that came with my cam kit. If I remember correctly I'm suppost to have 5/16. Valves measure at 5/16.

I have in my hand comp cams part number 601-12" 11/32 single Grove valve locks. " Is this right? I'm assuming no.

Camshaft fits. spring seem right and chain looks the same. even the valve seals seem right.

I called comp and they said that our engines use 11/32 valves. which is wrong. Person at the other end of the phone instested that they had the right info. I wonder if they confused our engine with the TRUCK six, which does use 11/32 valves. they said to call summit.

I ordered the camshaft kit through summit. called and talked. correct 600-12 5/16 single groove 7* locks are on being shipped at no charge. and i keep the old ones. So Problem resolved. yay. :beer:

601-12 is wrong. 600-12 is right. i could see how a part number could be grabbed off the shelf wrong, but to physiclly list a wrong part number. come on Comp, get it right.

xxx-yy. x is part number y is quantity in valves.

Chris

Back