Cat Converter 4-1/2" exhaust?.

powerband

2K+
VIP
In other thread Xctasy added:
th_MVI_6819.jpg

Yow , I've never seen a low-starter 200 in this area and I've looked. IS that standard exh. on early 80's US 3.3 Fox-Mustangs?.. good for turbo adapter?.

also any discussion appreciated:
I've got a similar but 2" out (D7?) manifold with that big pipe fitting the finger is on. Could it be used as wastegate location for turbo app?.. , The exh outlets are close to shock towers (early cars) but there is considerable space next to and above/below starter. Considering fabb'n a short fat close-elbow - more of a 90degree scoop. Exh manifold outlet flange to T3/T4 flange. simple access from below - on lift., room for intercooler in Batty location, blow-thru 2Bbl,turbo prepped 250/200 (?).

I dont know man, internal wategate turbos are SOOOO convenient, but if you must make your fabrication miserable.... 8)

I just plugged these ports on my manifold an I believe they are only 3/4" and that is way smaller than even the smallest internal gate I have seen. I don't think that would bypass enough exhaust and as such would likely experience boost creep and could damage your goodies.

They also came on late high mount starter engines. I picked up engine up a few years ago from a guy who pulled it from an 81 fairmont. Paid $10 and scrapped the cat for $20 :D

cb732838-0f76-4d49-a4a9-22812c1d641c.jpg

Back