My 250 2V lives

TCSTEVE

Hey guys. Been a long time since i posted anything but these plenty to come once i move in to the new place and the bits and pieces start coming together on the Corty.

The motor is a 2V Cars a TC Wagon.

40 thou bore, ACL flat tops dished 27cc i think. Comp is 9.8 caculated.
Custom port divider. 42mm inlet vavles, 38mm exhaust. ULP seats.

Ported all round, Crow timing chain,crow valve springs, ACL bearings through out, crow dizzy gear, XE elec dizzy curved and bushed to suit preX block and cam/gears.

ARP rod bolts, balance and i was told blue printed.
New pumps, lifters, new 500 holley, new balancer (standard one)

Cam is a wade dont know too much bout cams but

Ad Dur
286 IN
297 EX

Dur @ 50
225.5 IN
232.5 EX

Valve Lift

LSA is 114

Got a BW 3 speed manual behind it for know, spares from the shed ans a 2.92 rear end.

Still running it in, probally done 200 km in it.
Pulls strong mid range but sluggish down low. I think this is due to the 500 and it hasnt been tuned or jetted yet.
3 speed with 2.92 gears is to "wide" want to go 3.23 and a top loader.

Top end is unreal. :eek: Goes from 60 miles to 90+ effortlessly which is great but im not looking to do 200kph around town so i think the 3.23 will do great.
The great top end tells me that this motor has potential to do so much more if geared properly but the tune etc is letting it down.

Also as im running it in i havent revved it all the way out.
Ive done a few laps up some big hills and a few days of daily driving and when its warm it seems to rev higher at the lights and the gears are harder to select. Is this a clutch adjustment thing. The clutch is all new as well.
And the high revving due to the blolody long runners on the 2V??
which caused a couple of moments with run on :( which i think is now sorted.

Any help and comments is much appriciated.
Its bloody good driving a inline with some balls again. Cheers Steve

harder to select gears once its all warmed up etc mabey to thin of oil.
as for it reving higher its due to the heating of manifold id say put some heat shelding over the extractors and mabey even a tube or 2 putting some cold air past the manifold and raise the back of your bonnet to.
do you have the manifold water hooked up might help?

Nah the manifold hasnt any cooling, the water pipes for it are blocked off.

It does make a lot of heat under the bonnet. temp seems ok, what should it be?

I put new gear fluid in, said it was for older ford BW transmissions
Cheers Steve

sounds like a similar build to mine, but i also got an msd 6a box and blaster coil. revs freely to 5000, but haven't pushed it past it. no need to.

Nice work! Good to hear its finally alive, sounds like fun to drive too :D How are you running your engine in by the way because I just turned mine over the other day and am about to start driving it. I really don't want it to die like my previous motor(s).

XLE1974":atgb7ia3 said:
sounds like a similar build to mine, but i also got an msd 6a box and blaster coil. revs freely to 5000, but haven't pushed it past it. no need to.

Cool sounds good. Whats your driveline set up?

I still want more down low, hoping to pick some up on the dyno next year. My car is great after 100kph, bit of a weapon IMO. cheers Steve

cheers Brett. Ive dome bout 700km in it now.
Already done the oil filter change at 500km. Retorque the head at 1500km and check a few things and im done.
Then ill start frying tyres and racing some dunnydores :eek:

64xm":1zn2ogeg said:
cant wait to see what times this is going to run

Yeah same here mate.
Might have to drive to Calder to find out.
I personally dont think AIR will open again in the next 5 years :devilish:

TCSTEVE":3jpp4lq5 said:
XLE1974":3jpp4lq5 said:

Cool sounds good. Whats your driveline set up?

I still want more down low, hoping to pick some up on the dyno next year. My car is great after 100kph, bit of a weapon IMO. cheers Steve

Currently borgy 35 and a 2.77 diff. Both standard in the XLE. I've got a supra alloy case 5 speed waiting to go in when i get time (thats another thing!) and i'll go either a 2.92 or 3.23lsd. Probably the 3.23.

My cam is a crowcam, 214degrees@0.050" 1800-4800 power range. with the standard driveline its a bit sluggish down low, but once i get to about 2800rpm, it just wants to go. I cant wait to get the manual conversion and diff done. Once i do, i'll get it tuned and dynoed.

How's yours coming along?

The new gears will make a great difference and a mate has a 2V toyota 5 speed in his TC and it goes great, should be good.

Mines coming of the road sadly.
Ive got the little bugs sorted now the motor has to come out to fix some clearance issues.
I plan to paint it and sort out the tune first thing afterwards.

Mines sluggish down low too with a 3 speed manual and 2.92 gears.
My 500 is the problem, and the gears :x

cheers Steve

Back