ARGH! OZ 250 and US 250 Engine Mount Holes Different?

madmaxmarchhare

Well, more of this fun continues. It looks like my XA Falcon engine mounting brackets don't quite fit on my US 250 engine (from a '75 Grenada)??? ARGH! Does anyone know if it's the rear hole or the front two holes that are off? (I didn't take a picture of my old engine, which I should have done, but I'm assuming that the two vertical holes are the "front" as far as the mount goes and the single hole is the 'rear" as far as that goes?) ARGH.. thanks a ton if anyone knows the difference here and can tell me how to modify the XA engine bracket to match properly?

madmaxmarchhare":33n6kssc said:
Cool23":33n6kssc said:
May be easier to just fabricate a set of mounts to make it fit.

I'm thinking that might be the solution..

I had to do that when I put the inline 170 into the T Roadster chassis as it was built for a Chevrolet V8. Interesting thing is I could use Chevrolet dress up engine mount covers then to hide it all.

5505285_R_43abd415-e28d-4fcc-86a3-1245de6dab44.jpg

Cool23":85jmkhew said:
madmaxmarchhare":85jmkhew said:
Cool23":85jmkhew said:
May be easier to just fabricate a set of mounts to make it fit.

I'm thinking that might be the solution..

I had to do that when I put the inline 170 into the T Roadster chassis as it was built for a Chevrolet V8. Interesting thing is I could use Chevrolet dress up engine mount covers then to hide it all.

5505285_R_43abd415-e28d-4fcc-86a3-1245de6dab44.jpg

Those are neat..

How much is a reasonable amount for someone to charge me for these custom mounts? I'm not sure what's a fair deal..

Sorry I can not answer that as I have no idea on your location. Having said that ask any good fabrication shop. You would need to have the engine sitting in place to work out how to make them.

madmaxmarchhare":oy9wcxov said:
Well, more of this fun continues. It looks like my XA Falcon engine mounting brackets don't quite fit on my US 250 engine (from a '75 Grenada)??? ARGH! Does anyone know if it's the rear hole or the front two holes that are off? (I didn't take a picture of my old engine, which I should have done, but I'm assuming that the two vertical holes are the "front" as far as the mount goes and the single hole is the 'rear" as far as that goes?) ARGH.. thanks a ton if anyone knows the difference here and can tell me how to modify the XA engine bracket to match properly?

Do you have the old Oz engine block still? If so measure from the back of blocks bell housing mounting surface forward to the engine mounting boss hole then compare to the US 250 block. Is it the same? Then measure from the front of the block back to the front engine boss hole and compare them. Another way is set the block onto XA mounts trying the US250 blocks just try using the rear boss hole hole or the front to see how it fits. Getting the engine setting back as close to the firewall as Posable will give your car it's best handling. Good luck :nod:

bubba22349":3e8vnhps said:
madmaxmarchhare":3e8vnhps said:

Do you have the old Oz engine block still? If so measure from the back of blocks bell housing mounting surface forward to the engine mounting boss hole then compare to the US 250 block. Is it the same? Them measure from the front of the block back to the front engine boss hole and compare them. Good luck :nod:

Those are actually the same.. sortof.. the US block's holes extend out farther and aren't quite on the same vertical plane.. they're close.. but just not close enough... annoyingly not close enough..

If I remember right the Oz engine is narrower (more like the 200 block) than a US 250 so you will probally need to slot the engine or frame mounting holes to get it to fit right. Good luck :nod:

bubba22349":20g18aqv said:
If I remember right the Oz engine is narrower (more like the 200 block) than a US 250 so you will probally need to slot the engine or frame mounting holes to get it to fit right. Good luck :nod:

That make sense, actually.. hopefully I can find someone who can do the engine mounts, the exhaust, and the transmission conversion all at the same time..

I don't know enough about the XA your are doing, but I have a 76DA crossflow block, and I bought the heavy duty motor mounts from www.wildhorses4x4.com for a six cylinder Bronco, and they mount to the crossflow block, and they fit the US250 block as well, with the 2 bolt holes for the block, and one bolt to the frame. Worth checking out? I dunno what you need.

hucklburry":2pdxttns said:
I don't know enough about the XA your are doing, but I have a 76DA crossflow block, and I bought the heavy duty motor mounts from http://www.wildhorses4x4.com for a six cylinder Bronco, and they mount to the crossflow block, and they fit the US250 block as well, with the 2 bolt holes for the block, and one bolt to the frame. Worth checking out? I dunno what you need.

Ooh.. well.. I'm not sure.. have to find someone with the specs for the crossflow version and the US 250.. I'm guessing they aren't the same.. but it's just a guess... hmmm.

Back