ECU's

MRJLB84D

looking at some things on ebay, prices etc

now one thing i wanted to ask is that, over the years, i have read people doing efi swaps and using commodore V6 'DELCO' ECU's and some even in performance applications.

Would one work with a xflow and turbo? i hear they are a basic computer and can have em tuned anywhere, plus they are super cheap on ebay... any thoughts would be a great help

(and yeh i know i could go a WOLF, Haltech etc etc... but not exactly that cashed up!! outside the box thinking here)

If the engine is naturally aspirated, they are made to work without too much effort. Some dude on ebay was selling EFI throttle body set-ups (he called them "universal"). I could see some tuning needed, but it shouldn't be an big issue.

Now...when boosted you will need a 2 or 3 BAR MAP sensor.

PROBLEM is....MAP sensors only measure pressure...not flow. Same with adjustable fuel prssure regulators.

If your turbo spools up to 15 psi by 3000 and the wastegate holds 15 psi all the way to 6500, you will get leaner and leaner as RPM's climb because airflow through the engine has increased.....but the computer (MAP) and FPR sees the same pressure. You can add fuel per BAR pressure based on RPM, but it isn't really 100% precise. Some guys just live with it being richer at lower RPM's to make sure there is enough fuel at higher RPMs.

Back