MSII to TFI dist?

Hi,
With a lot of your help (that you all probably don't know you have given me), I have been working on a megasquirt conversion for my 67 F-250. I thought I had just about everything figured out, but then I looked at my distributor. It is from a 1994 F-150, which was the donor motor for the FI system. There are seven wires hanging off the thing, and I can't tell what is what by looking at them. All I want to do is pull the square wave signal from the Hall effect sensor off the dizzy, and send it to the MSII, which I plan to use to control my ignition.
Has anyone figured this out before? Do I need a power source and ground for the dizzy, or do I just need to find the right two wires and send them to the MSII?
Thanks for all the info I have gotten so far from you guys, and thanks in advance for any you can give me,
Mike Anderson

Thanks for the links, but that stuff is different from what I have (had). My distributor uses a hall effect sensor, but the module was mounted on the firewall of the donor truck near the drivers side fender, and the wiring was different. I was hoping to get the hall signal directly from the distributor, but I couldn't make it work so I just ganked an old variable reluctor distributor from the junk yard. I wired it up on the bench, and immediately got a good tach signal, so I will just use that.
It seems strange that it is ok to lock out the distributor because when the timing is at full advance it seems like the rotor will be too close to the preceding terminal on the cap. With the old ignition, the mechanical advance would move the rotor as it advanced the timing. Has anyone had any trouble with this?
Thx
ALT

Back