MS Question about changing conditions

Bayrunner

Hey fellas, just a quick question for you. I plan on putting the MS on a car with high compression and tuning it pretty much on the envelope. Should the barrometer sudenly change drastically on me while I am driving, how quickly does the MS react as far as retarding spark to keep me from boiling my pistons?

Cheers

The standard MS setup only takes the barometric reading when you first power it up from the MAP sensor which before the engine starts will be ambient. I believe there is some sort of option for a second sensor that will then do real time corrections.

A barometer change usually indicates that the MS is resetting causing it to get the next reading when it powers back up (which would be some sort of engine manifold pressure). I think the MS will reset fast enough to not notice a difference in drivability.

I've been curious about the knock retard of the MS. I thought about it but didn't want to change too much stuff until I get things dialed in....ohh wait I have the Version 1 board so I can't do that...darn...thats why. I think it will detect as fast as you allow it using the knock sensor setup. I think the biggest issue is finding the perfect place to mount the sensor to sense a "true" knock the first time it happens. If the sensor detects the knock, the MS will do what you tell it to do when it detects knock.

fordconvert":rd637muj said:
The standard MS setup only takes the barometric reading when you first power it up from the MAP sensor which before the engine starts will be ambient. I believe there is some sort of option for a second sensor that will then do real time corrections.

Along with a knock sensor, this should do the trick?

Thanks

Back