What ever happened to "Linc's 200"?

First Fox

He just seemed to disappear.

Any of the old timers know what happened to him and his turbo project? I loved reading that guys stuff.

November 7, 2007. Linc was very specific...Itallics and bolds mine

Linc's 200":1lpxehxt said:
Nothing new, and won't be. I have had waaaaaay too many irons in the fire at one time and have been slowly pulling them out, one at a time. One of those irons is anything drag racing related. I am going to be selling everything on ebay that has anything to do with turbos or carburetors or slicks or six bangers.... (blah blah blah) :-(

I have a lot of cool stuff, too.....FSPP cam (brand new), two brand new sets of forged pistons, some race prepped forged rods with ARP bolts, good blocks and heads, etc. etc. etc. It has all gotta go.

The guy was active on the Fox turbo community on other boards, but his aircraft engineering skills and 70 hour a day work habbits have I'm certain kept him busy some place else. After 2007, Mike and the tech board admin team here had to relegate a lot of inactive members and some cross linked posts to inactive, or the board would have fallen over. We technically lost people like Mark P, Jimbo65 and Linc's 200for no other reason than these formerly really busy people weren't here to post any longer.

Linc's best work was taking a stock grey low mount 1983 X-code Fairmont engine and wacking it into an 84 Fox Stang, and telling us how to do it. Patiently, many times over. If you read a lot of the early Turbo stuff from Linc's 200, George, Does 10's, 200dragstang, its like talking to a really wise people who keeps saying the same thing over and over, and then the penny drops. And if they are able to keep on the forum, like Does 10's, George and 200dragstang, it just takes a few posts to keep in touch. I was away for a couple of years cold turkey doing 90 hour weeks, and just a few log ons keeps your membership active.

what do you need to know? I hate to say it but alot of that info is just BASIC blow through stuff (well except for him modding the carb with an extra fuel inlet)

I did a blow through on my 200 and drove it for a couple thousand miles (including a 250 miles trip from school to home after graduation) I fabbed a new manifold and ran a SVO T3 turbo with a holley 350cfm carb a billet adaptor. I used no intercooler and just a cheap ebay BOV. spark was just a duraspark setup ported as needed to see manifold vac but also retard timing under boost.

if you have a welder and some basic fab skills it doesn't take too much. You could build a J pipe off the stock manifold to a turbo mount. a 2v holley allows for easier tuning and provides plenty of fuel under boost. This can be mounted with an off the shelf adaptor.

I was just kind of curious as to what became of him. His articles along with Will and Kellys success are what inspired me to go the turbo route and got me interested in turbocharging in general. I believe I have learned what I need in order to turbocharge my daily driver and have gained a lot of knowledge here from many members including yourself.

I can do what is required to get it all going, along with rebuilding a fresh stock-ish 8) engine to install with the new turbo system, but it sounds like the tuning will be a work in progress. I am excited to do it though and is now just a matter of obtaining a few more parts and having the time to do it. Like Linc's 200, I am swamped with work lately and having a Mortgage, a wife and a an entire litter of kids keeps me busy. :cry:

I wonder where all this knowledge was when I was 17 and had nothing to do but play with cars? :beer:

Good man, read more about turbo conversions.

I am making turbo or supercharged engines, as well as high out put engines, all of a similar specific output. They all have very different requirements in terms of engine building. Gearing and drivetrain durability is an issue with any performance engine combination. Just a wrong diff ratio can cause myriads of problems.

You can bolt up turbos and superchargers to stock engines, but they have to be designed around there working stress.

My Mustang is a car very much like this Aussie Torana SL/T , and its the donkey I use to do the development. http://automotive.anobviousdistraction. ... index.html

Normalair Garret made these awesome turbo GMH 202 cubic inch cars, as well as the 308 Turbo. They Chapter 22'd. Reworked, reformed, became AIT, chapter 22'd again. The AIT's had EFI 250 engines with 260 hp, then a radical twin turbo 4wd project, with awd in a Ford Fairmont. Each car was what the XR6 Turbo and the last Territory Turbo became, but 21 years earlier from an adventurous privater.

The manager, David Inall, was a good economist, and an even better engineer, but if the basic equipement is not right, you won't get a great result. Pistons, gaskets, ignition and carburation, and transmission strength, especially in those Aussie cars, were always problems. First rule of systems developement, nothing ever works right the first time.

If it was America, and the NGT/AIT manager was Ak Millar, he'd have still been solvent at 93...

Meantime, I see this, the the idea of what Linc 200 did with his 13.879 sec 1984 Mustang with his turboed 1983 X code 92 hp based Fairmont engine started with his pivital work....

Back