1968 Mustang inline 6 200ci, manual 3 speed questions

On the link are near the choke, there are two screws that seems to change the idle (not the idle mix screw) I don't know which one does which. And I can't find it in the repair manual.

The fast idle idle adjustment will move with the throdle arm can you take a picture of them?

Ok I able to find a picture (see below link) of an Autolite 1101 carb it's not the best shot but if you look at the 2nd, 3rd, and 5th pictures in this listing, the Fast Idle RPM adjustment is the screw that's upside down. The other screw you are talking about on the throdle linkage will be for setting the Curb Idle RPM. Good luck :nod:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/2912888253 ... ps&lpid=82

(y) All right that's Good. Also if you study those pictures a little of that rebuilt Autolite you might be able to see how some of the other approximate linkage settings look that I was talking about. Good luck :nod:

Isn't the starting procedure on those (when tuned right) not touch the peddle at all just turn the key.
My YF (haven't run it 4 awhile) I think it's tap the peddle to the floor lightly once, foot off, turn key.

There's a step-like 'plate' or tab that these procedures will set the linkage on... in 5 - 7 min the choke coil (under the black bakelite cap) moves the linkage (& butterfly in the carb boar) off the step OR U can quickly pound the pedal to the floor/release quickly (or do so manually w/hood open) for leaving the curb/driving.

Hey, more info on that 'heater duct' coming from the exhaust manifold. I remember it's supposed to be mounted to the underside of the 'snorkel' to the air cleaner (there's a valve in that end too) like it is. But I don't remember it coming from the exhaust manifold. Is that correct? It's usually a silvery paper construction but this should work fine too.

Also I'd lay (bend) the hunka brake line up to the choke along the manifold for more contact/heat transfer - what do others think?

I shoulda took notes, that vid went by pretty fast.

Congrats on the successful adaptations you've made. Let's C how good it can run (i.e. next 'fixes' needed to be done to the engine).

BTW: don't trust that overflow bottle. Looks like just that, if too full/too hot it catches the overflow rather than having to go buy more. Doesn't look like the closed system style but lets C what others say.

Back