All Small Six Aussie Exhaust Manifold

This relates to all small sixes

alwill923

Supporter 2018
I installed the Aussie Exhaust Manifold in my 1960 falcon with the 144 engine. Yes, it was expensive but I have read many threads here and there seems to be a lot of problems with the headers fittings and getting the starter out etc. Yes, I can get the starter out. I will be installing a 200 in the future and it will bolt up to the 200. The 200 will be a mild build (Schneider 256 cam) so I am not looking for the last bit of horse power. Schneider did not have any cam blanks so I sent him a cam out of the 200 and they reground it.

The ID of the connections is 1.75 inches so I used 1.75 tubing out of the manifold and tied them into a 2" pipe anticipating the 200 engine. The exhaust is 2" all the way back with a dynamax super turbo muffler before the rear axle and a resonator after the axle. I want it quiet!

I am posting this as a matter of interest. All exhaust is stainless steel. The carb return spring bracket is only temporary.

The only thing that I did no like is the manifold outlets are straight out; not out the bottom like OEM manifolds causing the 90 elbows to be tight to turn down

Attachments

• IMG_2285.jpg
    IMG_2285.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 28
  • IMG_2286.jpg
    IMG_2286.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 28
Hi Alwil923, looks like it will be a very good solution for you. There is also another possibility that retains the factory stock look that is using one of the Scott Drake High Flow 2 inch Single Outlet 200 Six Exhaust Manifold's see the below link. I do like Quiet and Stealthy, will be looking forward to your reports of how well it performs. Best of luck.

https://www.cjponyparts.com/scott-d...outlet-mustang-170-200-250-1965-1984/p/EXM27/

Last edited:
Back