All Small Six MPFI 200 Build

This relates to all small sixes
No:
"Honey, it'll pay for its self while U watch TV alone & I'm in the basement to make up a doz to pay the machine off."
That never worked as she needed company to eat those bon bons and watch the 1 eyed baby sitter.

Have anyone seen this video yet?

This is the almost exact build I'm thinking (electronically speaking). He even reuses the Hyperspark and converts it to do a cam signal. He's got several other videos and I recommend others look at them. I can't believe i found someone who is doing something very similar to my build on YouTube!!

Thanks for the distributor Frankenstein instructions as well. That is something where if I didn't already have the Hyperspark, I'd probably look into it. But knowing how to convert the Hyperspark to a cam signal, i should be good.

That is something where if I didn't already have the Hyperspark, I'd probably look into it. But knowing how to convert the Hyperspark to a cam signal, i should be good.
Here is what I suggested in post #8. referring to your Hyperspark distributor.
"You can modify your distributor rotor by removing all but one vane for the cam sync pulse."

Here is what you said in post #9.
"and would much prefer not gutting my expensive distributor lol. I'll just reuse it on another 200 sometime.

What changed?

Is there not a clearance problem with a taller dist. that hits the crossflow intake manifold on a US 200? That maybe it.?

When MustangSix did the first US200 Crossflow, the only distributor he found that fit under the intake was the Load-O-Matic. He gutted one and used it with an electronic ignition box.

Now if someone wants to design and construct (3D print?) a crab style distributor cap, I’ll be first in line to purchase it.

Here is what I suggested in post #8. referring to your Hyperspark distributor.
"You can modify your distributor rotor by removing all but one vane for the cam sync pulse."

Here is what you said in post #9.
"and would much prefer not gutting my expensive distributor lol. I'll just reuse it on another 200 sometime.

What changed?
So what changed is I was not fully understanding it. I realized you had said to do this early on, and you're idea is the easiest most direct one so far. Thank you for this.

When MustangSix did the first US200 Crossflow, the only distributor he found that fit under the intake was the Load-O-Matic. He gutted one and used it with an electronic ignition box.

Now if someone wants to design and construct (3D print?) a crab style distributor cap, I’ll be first in line to purchase it.
Where would someone get the contact tips inside the cap? I have a 3D printer. This could be something I passively design

Where would someone get the contact tips inside the cap? I have a 3D printer. This could be something I passively design

So yoy gotta buy another and cut it up to the the guts? I've seen those exact ones before but I don't think they fit our distributors

A cap adapter might be the way to get there.I would caution against the gm vortec style. They leak across..see where 2 leads are adjacent

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-10-02-15-30-10.png
    Screenshot_2023-10-02-15-30-10.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 5
Actually that 1941 to 1947 Ford Six Crab Cap maybe kind of easy to fit onto a later Ford Six Distributor such as a 1968 to 1974 Point or the DuraSpark I since Ford kept the Distributor dimensions close to the same for many years. I was going to try using one on a 200 Six Cross Flow conversion.

If the crab style cap is larger than the distributor diameter, that would be very easy to design a 3d printed adapter ring for. Rotor button might take a creative solution.

what model x-flow?
I dont recognize "DA" '76 - '08
( a motor fora head, eh? )

what model x-flow?
I dont recognize "DA" '76 - '08
( a motor fora head, eh? )
84DA is the casting code. The engine block is a 1984 casting. The big difference between it and the earlier block castings is the one piece neoprene rear seal. It is the EFI version with the long tube intake similar to the one MustangSix installed in his Mustang. The picture below is MustangSix's Crossflow, but mine is similar in apprearance.

Attachments

• MustangSix Crossflow.jpg
    MustangSix Crossflow.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 7
84DA is the casting code. The engine block is a 1984 casting. The big difference between it and the earlier block castings is the one piece neoprene rear seal. It is the EFI version with the long tube intake similar to the one MustangSix installed in his Mustang. The picture below is MustangSix's Crossflow, but mine is similar in apprearance.
Where abouts are you located?

Why switch up to a 2V? We should probably switch to PM about this. PM me with details on the motor and all.

Last edited:
a bit exotic for usa?
Aaaa, what the heck. I drive an ol car, cant B much worse
(but oh, the engine parts?). See "how I go back'n forth" on
it? Must just be jealous...

Back