Exhaust Suggestions Needed

Explorer

I am limited to dial-up which makes it hard to download video clips. I'll have a 200ci, CI head/intake, Clifford dual outlet headers in a 66 Bronco half cab. I would like to get as close to a deep throat V8 sound as possible. I don't want it sounding like a tuner. Do I run true duals, X-pipe, bring them back into a dual inlet muffler or what? Good muffler choices? I'm just going to have to trust your experience. I need the free flow, not the noise. Tryed listening to the clips posted but hard to tell anything getting only 2 seconds at a time.

Go on you tube and type in ford inline six exhaust (or somthing similar) and there is a bunch of videos of various guys exhaust systems on here.

I'm on dial up too and they will down load in roughly 10 minutes. I just hit download and walk away for a little bit! ;) :D

An "X" pipe is a good idea as it will quiet down any dual exhaust quite a bit. Id go with dual 2" pipes off a X pipe into mufflers and tailpipes of your choice. Turbos will be the quietest, Flowmasters inbetween and glasspacks your loudest.

Later,

Doug

See my post near the top of this page. I posted three clips of my I6 200: open header, glasspacks, and Borla ProXS mufflers. There is more detail in my post. The current setup includes straight pipes, no crossover.

TheDude":25clkz2b said:
See my post near the top of this page. I posted three clips of my I6 200: open header, glasspacks, and Borla ProXS mufflers. There is more detail in my post. The current setup includes straight pipes, no crossover.
Those were the ones I tried to listen to. Might have been just me, but I couldn't let them load and and playback uninterupted. I'll try again
Geezer: Found some good ones and were able to load and playback from YouTube.
Thanks guy's, Richard

im about to install a new exhaust system and im using a set of dual hooker headers, reduce it to 2" pipe, and run it to a set of thrush turbos. I havent decided if im going to use an x-pipe or not yet.

go with the maxium flow hooker header muffler it gives a real deep v-8 sound if u have the room not the smallest muffler in the world thoe

Dual 2" out, x-pipe into turbo mufflers will give a deep, fairly quiet tone with very little drone.

I run a 6-into-1 cheapo header, 2 1/4" pipes, and a cheapo "Flowmaster-style" muffler. My car doesn't sound like a rice burner at all. It has an idle very much like a V8, but a distinctive "straight six" sound (think Jaguar) once you get into the throttle, but the tone is always as deep and baritone as a healthy V8. The cam also has a lot to do with sound... I run a Clay Smith 264/274 112*.

I actually feel kinda bashful that my car doesn't quite have the performance to match the sound it makes. I still have the log head and 1v carb :unsure:

If I can get a great sound using the crappiest components, I am sure you will get an even better sound using the CI and Clifford stuff.

I am running the CI headers into dual Magna Flow Wide Opens. They sound great - definitely remind me of the V8.

I'm using CI headers with dual 2.25 exhaust with mini-turbos mounted about where they would mount on a V8 car. Deep sound, no resonance.

Back