Holley 570 Street Avenger + Electronic Ignition +++

stevexysupersix

Hi All,
Been 'away' for a while, but stoked to be back, new additions to the Falcon include a 4bbl 570 Street Avenger, Bosch elec. distributor and coil, front spoiler (made it run cooler, believe it or not!!), 5 slots, a repro GT dash with gauges, a retrosound radio, look-a-like "digital" clock and a black interior. Not to mention the shaker bonnet being re-painted in the original colour to 'match' the rest of the car. I just finished putting a new heavy duty clutch kit in, which had 6 bolt holes in the pressure plate instead of 3, so I had my local engineer drill and re-balance the flywheel and I installed an ARP 6 bolt pressure plate bolt kit. I also put a kit through the shifter on my toploader while it was out, what a difference that made! A definite must do for anyone with a sloppy shifter! While I had the engine out I replaced the water pump, thermostat housing and hoses as well 'cos there was a bit of corrosion staring on the old wuns. I've never run vacuum advance with this engine before, always just run a lot of timing with the old twin point setup, having a bit of trouble getting it right, but the G-Tech says I'm already better off even if it doesn't quite feel right. It certainly idles better when cold, even though it has the slow cranking symptoms of retarded timing, it really pulls hard between 3 & 5k without pinging.
a981c36f-d3be-44ef-91c7-598ec8f7c314.jpg

239b01dd-53a0-4092-98a7-14dd400edbb6.jpg

Back