All Small Six No Clutch bracket bolt boss on E1BE block

This relates to all small sixes
Because your 1983 E1BE Block is mostly the same Bell Housing dimensions as the 302 SBF V8's and exactly the same at bottom of the Bell Housing you would need to use a 1966 to 1977 Ford Bronco V8 Equalizer Bar. These are fairly easy to find compared to finding a Six Cylinder Equalizer Bar, they look like this. https://www.wildhorses4x4.com/product/Equalizer_Bar/Early_Bronco_Clutch

For that Late B1BE Short Blocks lack of a Mounting Boss for the Equalizer Bar turns out the Bronco guy's swapping in the later EFI V8 engines also run into this same problem since there is no Mounting Boss on those 302 Blocks too. Here is the part that some use for fixing that it would seem that it should also work for your Block but I don't think anyone has tried it on a 200 Six Big Bell Block as of yet. Best wishes.

EFI CLUTCH EQUALIZER CONVERSION BRACKET
https://www.wildhorses4x4.com/produ...er_Conversion_Bracket/Early_Bronco_Clutch#pdf
"you would need to use a 1966 to 1977 Ford Bronco V8 Equalizer Bar" This Equalizer Bar is supposed to match up with the Conversion Bracket hole? That would make sense -- IF the shorter Equalizer Bar is designed to match up to the Conversion Bracket.
I have been staring at all these brackets on all the vendor websites. I just not sure which is which. Thank you for the guidance again. I don't know anything about V8s so this helps a ton. I suppose this is my "option 2" above - buy the 302 brackets. Now I know which one is correct. Thanks!

Help me out here, do not know 302's, but I thought that the bell's were made to use a 157-tooth flywheel and an MDL 157 tooth flywheel made for the 200 crank would the best way to make this work? or is this bellhousing made for a 164-tooth flywheel and then have to be drilled for the 200 crank.?
The SBF can use either a 157 or 164-tooth flywheel; the bellhousing dimensions are the same. Use the MDL 157-tooth flywheel for the 200 crank.

Drag-200stang said: "Help me out here, do not know 302's, but I thought that the bell's were made to use a 157-tooth flywheel and an MDL 157 tooth flywheel made for the 200 crank would the best way to make this work? or is this bellhousing made for a 164-tooth flywheel and then have to be drilled for the 200 crank.?"

Hi Drag-200stang, yes all the SBF V8's from the late 1965 289's plus all of the, 302's, 5.0's, 351 W & C's can use either a 157 or 164 Tooth Flywheel and their matching correct Bell Housing Combo's. I think if I remember correctly that Dr. Dan went with the larger 164 Tooth Zero Balance Flywheel and Bell Housing like those used on the Ford 300 Big Six Six Pick Up's and yes it was then re-drilled to then fit onto the 1983 E1BE 200 Six Crankshaft Flange.

Dr. Dan Said: "you would need to use a 1966 to 1977 Ford Bronco V8 Equalizer Bar" This Equalizer Bar is supposed to match up with the Conversion Bracket hole? That would make sense -- IF the shorter Equalizer Bar is designed to match up to the Conversion Bracket.

I have been staring at all these brackets on all the vendor websites. I just not sure which is which. Thank you for the guidance again. I don't know anything about V8s so this helps a ton. I suppose this is my "option 2" above - buy the 302 brackets. Now I know which one is correct. Thanks!”

You are very welcome! Yes the stock 302 V8 Equalizer Bar will fit with the 1983 E1BE 200 Six Block just the same as it dose on those stock 302 powered early Bronco's. The Six Cylinder Equalizer Bars are about 3/4 to 1 inch longer than the V8 ones.

Drag-200stang said: "Help me out here, do not know 302's, but I thought that the bell's were made to use a 157-tooth flywheel and an MDL 157 tooth flywheel made for the 200 crank would the best way to make this work? or is this bellhousing made for a 164-tooth flywheel and then have to be drilled for the 200 crank.?"

Hi Drag-200stang, yes all the SBF V8's from the late 1965 289's plus all of the, 302's, 5.0's, 351 W & C's can use either a 157 or 164 Tooth Flywheel and their matching correct Bell Housing Combo's. I think if I remember correctly that Dr. Dan went with the larger 164 Tooth Zero Balance Flywheel and Bell Housing like those used on the Ford 300 Big Six Six Pick Up's and yes it was then re-drilled to then fit onto the 1983 E1BE 200 Six Crankshaft Flange.
I went with the 164 tooth. Truthfully I don't quite remember why. It may have been because of bell housing availability. But rest assured, I just do what you guys tell me.

Last edited:
"... I listen..."
ok - the 2v? if a road car: direct mount the autolite 2100, may B the best 2v ever made.
Not tq-ie like a large 1v for off rd tho. Even a holly 350 (more support today's parts). I lub
me the pinto carb (& lima motor) but these other two? more fun

"... I listen..."
ok - the 2v? if a road car: direct mount the autolite 2100, may B the best 2v ever made.
Not tq-ie like a large 1v for off rd tho. Even a holly 350 (more support today's parts). I lub
Sorry just getting back in town.
I was thinking I may use a 2100. BTW, I never found anyone here in KC that knew how to cut open the log for the @v conversion. So I gave up. If I find someone close by I will try it. (Edit - ) Oh and I was thinking the Holley. Bubba threw a few options at me as well.

Last edited:
"... I listen..."

C yer dear ol ford6 site:
1) https://fordsix.com/ci/LogMods.html#2VC
center'n bottom of page.

"...cut open the log for the @v conversion..."
cut "off" log?
2) well THAT's in the 'Articles' section (ol hot rod mags) where AK Miller adds 6
Jap bike carbs to the 'all that's left of the log is runners' type dealie~

Back