All Small Six Piston Rings?

This relates to all small sixes
many have the machinest who did his wrk order (as it matches, he has the contacts, is a pro).

When the assemble the head they will do same w/that. Y O U must give them the specs U want tho (bigger valves? vinton seals - as U asked him 4 change over from umbrella seals?, spring seat pressure, etc, etc).

I dont see it here but am jumpin around to other sites, etc... Are you going to do the final assembly?

many have the machinest who did his wrk order (as it matches, he has the contacts, is a pro).

When the assemble the head they will do same w/that. Y O U must give them the specs U want tho (bigger valves? vinton seals - as U asked him 4 change over from umbrella seals?, spring seat pressure, etc, etc).

I dont see it here but am jumpin around to other sites, etc... Are you going to do the final assembly?
I’m pretty much doing the final assembly. I did take my head to a machinist just to add Viton Valve Seals. I did everything else myself (changes valve springs, locks, retainers, switched over to adjustable rocker arms, used a Bridgeport Mill with a member for 2V conversion and made sure to keep the angle of the log and push the 2V Conversion forward, etc.). I’m using the Forum, the tech articles, and the books to assemble everything together.

No part number yet still. They haven’t sent me an email still but I asked them to re send it and re-confirmed my email with them. The rings should be in my possession some time next week.

I bought my Hastings rings for my 200 on eBay for $15.00 free shipping.
Hastings Rings: "Tough on oil, Easy on the cylinders."
I also found great eBay deals on the rod, main and cam bearings which were of the highest quality.
Before I took my D7 head to a machine shop I installed all new valves from Rockauto so the machine shop would not jack up the price on new valves.

I bought my Hastings rings for my 200 on eBay for $15.00 free shipping.
Hastings Rings: "Tough on oil, Easy on the cylinders."
I also found great eBay deals on the rod, main and cam bearings which were of the highest quality.
Before I took my D7 head to a machine shop I installed all new valves from Rockauto so the machine shop would not jack up the price on new valves.
That sounds pretty good. I get lucky with some deals too, mostly from Facebook though. But it’s more risky that way since there’s no way of proof that someone is actually sending me what they say they have. However, haven’t been scammed since I started all this a year ago. Been lucky and very grateful for everything and everyone so far.

Just got the rings guys. Here’s the part numbers for the ones who wanted to know. To be more specific, these are for a .060 over piston (total bore 3.74 inches), the ring sizes are 1.5 mm, 1.5 mm, 4.00 mm and the groove depths are as followed (called the direct manufacture for every measurement):

Groove depth:

1: 146 thousandths

2: 171 thousandths

3: 196 thousandths

I’ll attach a picture below of which pistons these are for.

Attachments

• AB64B8B5-AD3A-4C0D-9A93-2DBF22EC5DB1.png
    AB64B8B5-AD3A-4C0D-9A93-2DBF22EC5DB1.png
    863 KB · Views: 15
  • 9EE1838D-DF1A-427B-89BF-9CCEA5321C58.jpeg
    9EE1838D-DF1A-427B-89BF-9CCEA5321C58.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 17
Back