water injection

Both Aquamist (as mentioned, above) & Spearco sell WI kits. As far as whether thay would "bolt on" to your 200, you'd have to contact them. I found another DIY - much like Joe's - with a parts list incorporating several Aquamist components...

members.shaw.ca/turbofiero/Water%202.htm

broncr

While the primary interest/benefit of WI seems to be detonation reduction, it appears that we could all benefit from the reduced emissions brought about by the improved combustion that WI promotes.

broncr

and i dont believe its alot of water if any....was it methanol?...its on the contents of the bottle...i cant remember...and i dont have one handy at the moment...

:eek: FORGET THE H2O ITS TO RISKY IF NOT DONE RIGHT AND A WASTE YOU CAN GET THE SAME RESULTS IF NOT BETTER BY GOOD ROUTING OF FUEL LINES AND A 20$ COOL CAN FROM ANY SPEED SHOP. OR IF ON A BUDGET A LARGE THERMUS AND SOME COILED TUBING CAN BE SUBED FOR AFTER MARKET UNIT. THE WHOLE GOAL IS TO REDUCE TEMP DONT OVERCOMPLICATE THINGS.

'Been working on my water injection. I have something of a "Cushman" injection system - as described in the link by Panic. I utilized an old Marvel Mystery Oil injector - originally intended to add upper cylinder lube to older engines - especially when lead was eliminated. ( NAPA describes them as "obsolete" :roll: ).

I've been running mine with water for many months now. It's kind of an interesting relic ( It was given to me by my mentor, close to twenty years ago.) It has a small sight glass, where you can observe the rate of "fluid" injection - dripping off of a brass post - as you turn a brass nob attached to a stainless needle within the feed.

The biggest drawback - the ONE QUART MASON JAR reservoir! That was fine for oil but...

As mentioned above, refilling is frequent (PITA). Several times to the tankfull, or cut back the feed & lose the benefit.

NO MORE! I bought a 2.5 gal Flowmaster garden sprayer ( Liked the name) & adapted it - mounted next to the rad (I love all the space a 300 leaves in a Bronco).

SO now comes the big Q :LOL: .

I see that Doug gets 400-450 miles to the gallon.
X - well, 30 -ish ?
Mr. Ricardo says 40:60 (water:gas)
Cushman suggests 1:20.

Now fer my lil mule - :unsure:: A full tank of water would go 1:10 with my 25 gal gas tank...

PS, I'm in it as much for the cleaner exhaust as for any power/mileage benefit. No SERIOUS detonation issues - yet!

Oh, yea, I left about 1/2 inch of Marvel oil in the jar to begin with. Of course it floats, & NO microbial gunk, & a nice "sight line" of red to let me know when I'm getting low. The 1:10 alcohol/water mix I've been running this Winter has almost eliminated it now.

This is what I'm running. I have a six gallon tank in one of the tool boxs under the truck bed. Mit an external fill pipe. It is a blue water container used for camping so I can just open the tool box door and see how much water is left. If I run out of water the motor acts like it lost a vacume line.
There is a crimped down to almost closed 1/8 inch ID soft copper tubeing connected to a piece of vacume hose thet is then connected to 1/8 inch ID soft copper tubeing thet runs along and is wraped around the exhust pipe and the exhaust manifold. Then it has a short piece of vacume hose and into a T fitting to the vacume port on the carb where the vacume for the distributor is. This puts low steam into the air/fuel mix after it is mixed and before the throttle plate. So it only draws water/steam when you step on it.
There is no water logging of the engine, no need for pumps or nozzles, and most important no need to buy any fancy computerized controlers. One inportant point, the water source must be lower then the carb to avoid syphuning when you do'nt want water in the carb. Like when engine is not running.
What do I get? More power when I need it. Amount of water used depends on how hard I get on the go pedal.

3pennyford":93kdhfer said:
... If I run out of water the motor acts like it lost a vacume line... ... Then it has a short piece of vacume hose and into a T fitting to the vacume port on the carb where the vacume for the distributor is... ...So it only draws water/steam when you step on it...

There is no water logging of the engine, no need for pumps or nozzles, and most important no need to buy any fancy computerized controlers.

One inportant point, the water source must be lower then the carb to avoid syphuning when you don't want water in the carb.

What do I get? More power when I need it. Amount of water used depends on how hard I get on the go pedal.

Yep, yep, yep, yep, yep, and a big YEP :!:

Something about the Marvel oiler just flips my switch. It was given to me by a wonderful man, more of a father to me than my own. It's a beautifully simple unit. 'Looks like something out of the 50's. You can dial back the feed 'til it almost stops under idle, then watch as the flow increases with a bump of the throttle linkage.

If you ever come across one... ;) .

How about running the car's rain gutters to a downspout to fill the water reservoir?
Sorry, couldn't help it.

:LOL:

If I could just get the rain to stop coming down frozen...

Seriously though, does ANYONE have the ratio of alcohol:water to prevent freeze up? Realizing, of course, that MIGHT occaisionally include 10, 20* below (F). Iso comes in convenient pints & quarts at wallyworld. ;)

I add a gallon of windshield washer fluid per tank of water. But I live in the sunny south??? Cold here is below 20* F.
One question for those more knowledgeable can radiator antifreeze be used for this?

Iso comes in convenient pints & quarts at wallyworld.

Dosen't ISO work by absorbing water?[/quote]

Broncr -- Seems like you could run pure alcohol at really low temps and it won't matter much.

Except that it runs about $4.50/gal. and the water benefit "eveoprates".

'Guess I'll try 10%, and see if it works. In retrospect, mounting the "jug" next to the radiator might have added benefit. :) I know there must be a formula out there somewhere. 'Spose an antifreeze tester would yield decent results?

Mix some up and try it out in your freezer. You'll need more than 10%. I was jacking some wine that was 10-20% alcohol and it was freezing at -5 or so.

Mister nozzles are available from Drips Inc. Concho, Az 928-521 4725, 5 for $8.99 shipping and handling extra.

69.5mav

Back