Yet another odd idea, EFI on a 240

A

Anonymous

OK, I got the EFI exhaust and intakes off of a EFI 300.

I was talking with a guy at work who used to run a small machine shop, and he says he has programmers, and all that stuff for tuning the computer, and that it may be a good idea to change over to EFI...

What all is involved?

I asked the same junkyard about what they wanted for the whole throttle body, wiring harness, fuel injectors...comuter and everything, and they said bout 80 bucks for it. I guess they figure the likelyhood of someone wanting that stuff pretty low, except maybe the computer...

If I go dow there, what all would I need from it. I know I'd need the O2 sensor, the temp and oil sensors, the throttlebody linkage, as much wiring as I can get... what other modules may I need?

I just put a ignitor ignoition in it, would I need to replace it? I sure as hell hope that I can get a refund for that, but I kinda doubt it... is that thing usable with the EFI? Or do I need an EFI dizzy?

What else am I missing?

This guy claims to have done a couple of chevy fuel injection systems and programs... how much do you think would be the same?

Don't forget about the swap to the Crane Cam 260/272 I am getting from summit...

Whadya think
Is this a dumb idea?

Should I stick to throwing a carb on the EFI manifold like I asked about earlier? I am leaning towards the modified intake carb idea from the neato-ness aspect, but the EFI could be programmed darn near on the fly for fuel mileage, towing, or maybe even an evening at the dragstrip...I am just concerned exactly how modifiable the current code is and if the ranges will even be acceptable for a 240...

Thanks for looking guys, i have found enough info to realize that I am not ready for such a project at this time.

I will be going with the carb :)

Back