250 build tunning and stuff

Rich - yes it is. Pretty much an autolite 4100 that uses Holley jets,power valve, vacuum springs, and accelerator pump cams. I have heard really good things about it so I'm gonna try it out.

Bill- i will try that out.

Would still go with the Quick Fuel carbs Its all I use any more have 4 vehicles running them. I dont have to drill out air bleeds, power valve channels, idle feed restrictions, turn a screw most of the time for secondary opening adjustment. No plugging fuel feeds and air bleeds and redrilling just change jets. Then I have been building and modifying carbs for 50 + years.

QFT markets quality products. Every circuit is adjustable if even necessary.
Annular nozzles are necessary on any carb oversized on a small cubic inch engine.
I have to look at Summit's carb. This may be your best choice for your engine.
From experience the annular nozzles improve throttle response even on my 205" engine.

Well I already bought the summit 600 com carb.
I will be installing it tomorrow after I cut a little more of the export brace.
The top cover of the carb sits a little too high for the carb to fit.
I will say just from looking at it and going through the carb I am very pleased.
One note for anyone that buys one of these: the top plate has to come off before you can change the vacuum secondary spring. Other than that and the location of the power valve it is very maintenance friendly.

Hey guys just an update.
I installed the summit carb today and the throttle response compared to the Holley is night and day!
I installed it, adjusted my idle mixture, took her for a drive and wow! Pretty much set out of the box.
I have not gotten it out on the interstate yet, but got on the back roads and it runs great! Driving out of my drive way to the hwy the AF ratio stayed in the 12-13.8 range. WOT jumped into the 11s, but never leaned out past 13.2 all the way up to 5500 rpm. Cruising at 55 stays at 13.2-13.8. There is no hesitation or flat spots at all!

I can tell by the seat of the pants that the top end doesnt seem to have as much pull with this one, but from a stop to 5000 it pulls nicely!

A note for anyone that may want to put one on. I had to trim more of my export brace and now will be going to a tube style one to help with clearance. Also, I have to modify my air cleaner as the summit carb sits a slight bit higher than the holly does at the air cleaner base.

Back