Aluminum Head Update 7/13/06 (flow #s, specs, and pics)

the reason i think mike did the head like this is costs because he wants this head to be as cheap as possible and the cheapest way to make somthing is to modify somthing that already exists and that is exactly wut he did plus he wanted the benefit of using the same intake choices available for the OZ-250 heads and the current headers available

It wasn't made a crossflow to keep costs down. Existing intakes and extractors for the OZ-250 and US 200 can still be used with this design.

EDIT: Beat.

Those are some great numbers ,What type of motor is the head on? street, street/strip or full race motor.One of Mikes main goals on the aluminum head was that it was very streetable for the masses.

Read all of the data mike has supplied then make a comparison. He also went after swirl and wet flow numbers. When finished, I think the dyno numbers will show the results.

dyno dyno dyno!

i can't wait to see what she will do.
I would like to see that head on a fairly stock block and ignition and also on a worked up block with all the goodies.

I would volunteer some dyno time if someone wants to make a deal.....

...but it may be a while before heads are available.

hey
has therebeen a price worked out yet?
whould be good to build up a 221 6 with that head.
drift

This is AWSOME Mike!!! I can't wait to see one and see the performance numbers.

:shock: DROOL :shock:

hey
just a side note played with the head on desktop dyno with an asu 221 (3.68X3.46 bore stroke) and it seem to top out at around 340 na hp at 6500rpm.
not bad for a 3.6 with a 600cfm carb extractors and a big cam.
drift

drift cortina":eun0svk5 said:
hey
just a side note played with the head on desktop dyno with an asu 221 (3.68X3.46 bore stroke) and it seem to top out at around 340 na hp at 6500rpm.
...and 10 psi should be wicked scary to drive!

So is there still going to be a magnuson blower option available?

mike, any idea what its worth to send to australia and any idea of final pricing yet?
would be nice to put the turbo 2v back together with an alloy head.

We still haven't set the final price, as we are still waiting for the final cost per. They are still working on the programing, and I don't have a firm price on the custom exhuast valve yet. Sorry. We should have them shortly.

I will have a distributor in Austraila, maybe two or three. So any one of them can ship to you locally.

AzCoupe":1tj1fxeq said:
So is there still going to be a magnuson blower option available?
You betcha....... 8) Hogan's is working it as we speak.

Thanks for the answer, that is what I am waiting for, I assume though it will be after the 4v and 2v intakes and such are already out. What kind of belt will run it, v-belt or will there be a serpentine setup?

dstud2000":fimfd7hp said:
What kind of belt will run it, v-belt or will there be a serpentine setup?

I couldn't imagine NOT using a serpentine

Back