Aluminum Head Update 7/13/06 (flow #s, specs, and pics)

Linc's 200":y1zmll69 said:
v-belts = stone age

there are a step up from riveted leather flat belts....

5 rib belts require less tension to transmit MORE power. they also are easier to install at 2am at the side of the road.

I have been kicking the idea of having a run of new pulleys made for my 200 that elminate the balancer (solid hub design) for serp pulleys. was going to under drive the system very little maybe. was also looking to integrate a 36-1 wheel into the system. since I have a 3D model of a 200 I was going to play around with that and see if I could get something working. might even involve billet timing covers with the crank trigger mount.

What kind of belt will run it, v-belt or will there be a serpentine setup?
Magnuson has told me that a V-belt will work fine for boost up to 6lbs. However after looking at the various belts, it looks like 5 ribbed is the best way to go (IMO).

Can I sign up now to be the tester for the new head?

Actually, we have discussed sending five or six heads out to regular forum members for that very purpose. Preferably those that drive their cars on a daily basis. It would also have to be a member that currently has an OZ head, as they will need to use their existing OZ intake. Since our manifolds won't be ready for 2-3 more months.

We are running off a batch of ten heads in a couple weeks. ;)

AzCoupe":a2mgdezy said:
What kind of belt will run it, v-belt or will there be a serpentine setup?
Magnuson has told me that a V-belt will work fine for boost up to 6lbs. However after looking at the various belts, it looks like 5 ribbed is the best way to go (IMO).

I personally think 5 rib too. Will whatever belt is used and whatever pullies or accessories needed to run it be included?

Back