Anybody know how rare Mike's AL heads are?

gus91326

Was wondering. My head had a stamping on it of "098" if I recall but I thought someone else mentioned that there were fewer than 30 made. Anybody know?

CoupeBoy

2K+
VIP Member
matcox83":1b9h4lgh said:
I know of a foundry that states they made between 140-150 castings for Mike. My intention is to bring the head back to the market for those of us that never got the chance to buy one.
Maybe we can get a 'Like' button?

140-150?? I thought that there were maybe 20-30 of these sold ever.

65fback

I went to a cruise in here in NH tonight. I was talking with the guy who owns ne performance mustang. He said he ran across a car in MA that was traded in to a Chevy collector. It had the aluminum head on it. The Chevy guy just wanted it out of his stable and sold the CAR for $3k before the NE performance guy could get there. Oh, missed opportunities. :bang:

gus91326

Glad i got mine when I did. Even if they did cast 150 who knows when they will be sold (if ever) to the public.

Mustang_Geezer

I know mine was one of the pre production heads because I did the drag tests for Mike. Where is the seriel number? Never noticed it on mine.

1966Mustang

Administrator
Staff member
I've been thinking about creating a Registry Page here for the AL heads. What do ya think? Might be a good way to keep track of what's been done to them as they change hands (and paperwork goes missing and specs get forgotten).

- Perry