aussie EEC4 dizzy into 200

I am starting to think of doing this as it is about the only EASY way to do a decent EFI setup with timing control. now could I just press a bronze bushing on the end of the shaft and swap out the oil pump and drive? I am having to change oil pans anyways in a few months for my rack conversion so will have access to the pump then.

the main thing is I pretty much have everything laid out for my turbo swap right now but would like to get it running on efi. I was thinking of the ford CFI setup off a 3.8L but those are eec4 so will need the correct dizzy to drive it. but I also have access to a fuel only computer or two tha tI could jsut wire up to the CFI unit and run timing off a duraspark but would like to have proper timing for boost. BUT I guess a msd 6btm could handle that for a reasonable cost also.

I am tinkering with making an offset dis for the cross flow on an American 200 block. It might be an easy way to run whatever dis you want.

does anyone know of a dizzy from maybe another ford that might fit in the 200 block? I was wondering if maybe something had the correct shaft length and all

In Australia, a Ford XD-XF falcon distributer will bolt in with minor mods to the base( a little grinding) It has the correct shaft length and gear setup. It seems to work fine in my car, but I have heard others saying that the shaft diameter is a little too small. Its a Bosch electronic distributer.

Well, it is a bit small. I've done it, but refuse to recommend it. It may well shorten cam or driven gear life.

Back