All Small Six best clutch kit for 3.3 200 straight six?

This relates to all small sixes
hi, i have, as the title says, a 200 straight six on a ‘67 mustang 2 door hardtop paired to a 3 speed manual transmission and i was wondering if there were any viable racing clutches, heavy duty clutches, or just overall a clutch that can take some beating like a champ to it to replace/somewhat outlive the lifespan of either the burnt out OEM clutch the previous owner of the car left me or any run of the mill OEM fit clutch kit so i can basically turn mine into a very speedy panzer tank. i tried googling it up but sadly couldn’t find any useful results. any recommendations or suggestions would really help, thanks!

... as long as you have the "Toploader' 3 speed (3.03) and not the 'Peanut" (2.77), there are many clutch choices available.
a favorite is to use the later 70's 'Diaphragm' clutch instead of original 'Long Frame" clutch. A Fairmont or Granada application . Available as a 'Clutch Kit', the Pressure plate and driven plate will fit , but the original PUSH linkage type Throwout bearing not the later PULL cable type TO' is needed.
'71 Maverick 170 with Fairmont app' - Diaphragm clutch and Foxbody GT - T5 tranny in the '63 wagon:
. .
. .
have fun

... as long as you have the "Toploader' 3 speed (3.03) and not the 'Peanut" (2.77), there are many clutch choices available.
a favorite is to use the later 70's 'Diaphragm' clutch instead of original 'Long Frame" clutch. A Fairmont or Granada application . Available as a 'Clutch Kit', the Pressure plate and driven plate will fit , but the original PUSH linkage type Throwout bearing not the later PULL cable type TO' is needed.
'71 Maverick 170 with Fairmont app' - Diaphragm clutch and Foxbody GT - T5 tranny in the '63 wagon:
. .
. .
have fun
i don’t know how to tell if it’s a toploader or a peanut. but didn’t 67 mustangs with an inline six always use a toploader if i’m not wrong?

yes should be a toploader , always verify existing parts, with 50 + years car ...
Toploader 3 speeds are physically a lot bigger than 2.77 and all have 9 fasteners on top cover, where 2.77 has only 4.

Mustang with floor shifter bosses on rear and Maverick '3OTT' Toploader 3 speeds:

Toploaders are virtually unbreakable behind straight six'...

have fun

yes should be a toploader , always verify existing parts, with 50 + years car ...
Toploader 3 speeds are physically a lot bigger than 2.77 and all have 9 fasteners on top cover, where 2.77 has only 4.

Mustang with floor shifter bosses on rear and Maverick '3OTT' Toploader 3 speeds:

Toploaders are virtually unbreakable behind straight six'...

have fun
i just checked, mine has 9 total, so i should be good then! thanks for helping me identify my transmission!

Hi, I have used the 9" luk clutch on my Bronco. It has the original Long style pressure plate. My first one lasted 18 years. I used it for snow plowing in the winter, and 3 teenagers learned how to drive a manual transmission with it, so I guess they are pretty tough. Good luk

Back