Building a 200 First build

my story too:

I got the '70 bronk in '83 from a local garage. It had 2 dipsticks (driver's side like the car & 1 in the pan like the bronk). Some 1 had put a car motor (2 yrs. older-'68) in the rig when the orig blew I guess. It sits so high that the air horn hits the hood. I concocted a series of screens over the yrs (furnace screens wrked best) as most farmers need to get back to wrk & don't have many hrs to fiddle.

Now I may be puttin er to rest - at least a few final voyages - with a super tall decked 250 (& manual 5 speed). Whaddaya think the hood clearance'll B then?

Got the rocker shaft cleaned oil passages on the spring side enlarged to the recommended 1/8.
What a pain.
Got to looking at the pan and it is an Utter mess. Bottom is caved in at least 1/4-3/8. Massive dent in one of the lower curves. Both of the other shallow bottom sections are lightly dented as well. Probably going to use my other pan, this one will take hours to straighten. Yikes

W-pump, t-stat, dizzy cap, rotor, cap adapter, and new oil pick up tube are on there way. Should be here soon. I'm only an be hour drive from the warehouse.
What are people using for plug wires. The ones on vintage look nice but 80$ yikes.

Thanks chris.

"…but 80$ yikes…"

I'd agree BUT
they're life time
quality
custom to sz
(I got a set and it's over 3/4 of a wk's income).

U may like the major part's houses - just get 1)7mm(points) - 8mm(electronic), 2)sprial core, w/the 3)best connectors U can.

1= good insulation
2= noise suppression (radio/others) & best in conductivity
3= tight connection & seals out H2O/dirt

"…new oil pick up tube…"
what prt # U use? I'm on a p/u tube/screen study (ie that whole aperatus except the pump). Havin fun w/it… :nod:
:LOL:

Mel-65-bs. Summit racing. Just the pick up tube and screen. My pump came from Mac's.
I'll see what I can find. Most places as usual don't have the 6cyl parts and usually have to be ordered. No love for us 6'ers.
All else fails I will order the wires from vintage since I need the cam pin and the 32/36 adapter bolt on adapter.

he's been widda exhausts 4 awhile but the other prts he's catchin up on.
Keep checkin back -
(more payment options now, the Handbook, increase in big six prts, becomin 'full service' fast ! )

All bearings checked out to be in spec for oil clearance. Rods and mains.
Check all comp rings and oil rings. Just a few that need a couple thousandths removed for my comfort. Then they go on the big round, up and down thingys.
Order from summit should be here tomorrow. Wrong address the first time. My fault.
Still need to order carb adapter and pin from vintage.
Then the little things.

What's the recommended plug for my application. Just a little hotter then stock and ds2. So excited to see things finally come together and look like an engine again, instead of a pile of parts.

an Autolite 46
might be a close match…

Hold on...I'm going to look for the Motorcraft

o0OOPPps:
check our 'stickies' in the Bd Index there's a read only tech section
might (we should put the info there if it's not) B there...

Back