Chrome valve cover

A

Anonymous

Where can a guy find a chrome valve cover that is other than stock?, what I mean is, I orderd one that had a squared top and a raised ridge down the middle, like an aftermarket one BUT, the one I received looked like a factory chome cover, orderd from Cal. Mustang, it's not the one that is shown in the catalog! :unsure:

If your talking about one that looks like this one, Its from TransDapt and I ordered it through my local Car Quest store for around $45.00

2V9.jpg

Later,

Doug

Doug,

I've got a question about your valve cover. I have one very similar. I was wondering about the hole at the end of the cover (the one on top). I know on the stock cover it is for the PCV connection. I noticed on mine (and yours) there there is no real way to connect a PCV valve to it. Do I need to hook one up or is it fine like it is.

Slade

On stock covers there are two holes. One is for the oil breather cap and to add oil..the other is for the PCV connector. I recently redid mine and got a plain chrome cap for the front and bought a rubber bushing with PCV valve inside it for the back. It all depends on if you like stock or not.

Yeah Doug, that's just what I was looking for, I don't know if there's one of those around here but I'll check with some ofther parts stores.
Thanks for the help!!!

Glad to help ;)

Slade,

I've ran them with a pcv valve and I've also ran them with just a breather. Didnt seem to make much of a difference either way.

Later,

Doug

I have a chrome cover that has the holes front and back as well. IIRC I got it from Mustang Plus.

Newinst2.JPG

I will also have ribbed valve covers (similar to the old Edelbrock ones) in a month or two. They are being made from scratch just for FSPP. Don't have a firm price yet, but it will be comparable to Cliffy's or less.

AZ,
Let me know when you get them in, as I am very interested in getting one but I dont want to support Cl*ff0rd.

That hole on the back...do I need to do anything to it? It seems IIRC that the hole is completely covered. I'll look into getting a breather cap.

Slade

CobraSix":21m09we1 said:
That hole on the back...do I need to do anything to it? It seems IIRC that the hole is completely covered. I'll look into getting a breather cap.

Slade

Ya lost me there! ;) What do you mean completely covered?

The hole in the back can accept either a pcv valve or a breather depending on what kind of grommet you install in it.

Later,

Doug

hey doug or should i say mustang gezeer did you make your fuel line to go from your press gauge to your carb or did you buy it? and why didnt you guys go with ford blue on your blocks? just asking on the paint everyones diff

Yep, I made it from scratch out of some brake line and a cool tubing bender I bought from Car Quest :D :D

Mine is Ford blue! I cut myself and its the same color..... ;)

Later,

Doug

And Ford green....
The red has to be my favorite(I'm a tractor nut) and that ugly Post 83 Grey, what the he** were they thinking.....
Evan

Doug...I'll take a closer look this evening when I get home...but IIRC my rear hole is plugged...no way to breath (okay...all you perverts...go home). I'll take a closer look at it.

Slade

Look on ebay for a chrome valve cover I got mine for $20.00

AzCoupe":2j0yc3gf said:
I have a chrome cover that has the holes front and back as well. IIRC I got it from Mustang Plus.

Newinst2.JPG

I will also have ribbed valve covers (similar to the old Edelbrock ones) in a month or two. They are being made from scratch just for FSPP. Don't have a firm price yet, but it will be comparable to Cliffy's or less.

Are you taking deposits on them yet? I want one of the cast aluminum finned ones very badly but I dont want it to say Clifford. I dont care if these dont say anything.

Back