duraspark II woes

8) michael, you dont necessarily have to restab the distributor, you might be able to adjust the timing from where the distributor is. try adding timing, and see what happens. if that doesnt help subtract timing. one tooth is easy to adjust for.

I went over to Kragen today. They didn't have one, and the people working there were as helpful as a bag of rocks :banghead:

michael_cini":16kgnewg said:
thanks dennis. now you know why i didn't call you back today...dickin' with my car ;)

sp_alloy_head":16kgnewg said:
MC, Kragen sells them, 50% off.

You guys are crackin' me up! It took me all of an hour to get my DSII in my mustang and get the ole girl hummin'!!!

Michael, just start from the beginning and verify TDC @ #1 on Compression stroke, slip the distributor in so that the rotor is as close to the #1 terminal on the dizzy cap as you can, then once it's in, rotate it until it's pointing right at it. Then use a timing light to set the timing to 10/12* BTDC, bolt it down, and take her for a drive.

Don't forget, your car burned out in front of LaGrasta's house before, it should do even better with the DSII!!!! =P

Hi Mike,
You are absolutely right, I was under the impression that this would take me a short time to do! I am either wet behind the ears or an idiot! :banghead: Anyway, they say the best way to learn is from your mistakes, and I'm a learnin! Thanks for your instructions.

Mike have you seen this thread? Take a look, and come along!
http://fordsix.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=61151

Mercury Mike":3ozgnbwf said:
You guys are crackin' me up! It took me all of an hour to get my DSII in my mustang and get the ole girl hummin'!!!

Michael, just start from the beginning and verify TDC @ #1 on Compression stroke, slip the distributor in so that the rotor is as close to the #1 terminal on the dizzy cap as you can, then once it's in, rotate it until it's pointing right at it. Then use a timing light to set the timing to 10/12* BTDC, bolt it down, and take her for a drive.

Don't forget, your car burned out in front of LaGrasta's house before, it should do even better with the DSII!!!! =P

I finally got the dizzy in there correctly. That remote starter switch may be the best $15. on a tool I have ever spent :D. Having that and the knowledge I've learned here made it easy. When I have to do this again it will probably take 30 minutes or less! It is a stock rebuilt dizzy, I did not recurve it, but the car seems to run smoother. I'm not getting the hesitation on launch that I was getting before. So, so far so good. Thanks to everyone who helped out. It's much appreciated, this is a great forum with nice people. :beer:

Back