All Small Six Dynamic compression

This relates to all small sixes
I ran that Clay Smith 274 cam & i hated it. great top end, but no low end or midrange.
If you are not satisifed with it get a cam with less duration faster rate of lift & more lift.
Wish you the best.
Do you remember what rpm it idled at and what rpm it started making hp?

Thanks Bill, at this point, I think I am just going to see how it plays out. Do you know what your compression was? Mine is a little higher than I would have planned. Running a smaller cam would raise my dynamic compression a few more points…it’s high already. Then there’s the valve springs, the ones I have are probably a little stiff for a smaller cam. I ran two other clay smith cams on the calculator, a 267 and a 256. It put the DC at 8.5 and 8.7. They only thing I am sure of is I want to run ethonal free gas and hopefully don’t have to add a booster.
I think I will run it, worst case is if I don’t like it, pull the head, enlarge the chambers a couple cc’s, and if needed do the cam swap then. The only thing I would save by doing it now is maybe a set of lifters. I have cheap labor 🤣🤣

After reading some of the current posts, and not seeing any reference to the head I have, and in light of my build pushing the limy( at least of what I want), I thought I might get opinions on how my head fits into the build. Please remember it has been modified for 2 barrel carb. The numbers are: C4AE-G
Thanks in advance 👍

Back