gas field compressor motors

Broncitis

Famous Member
I have been asked to help these motors last longer, many are inlines and many bents here in coal bed methane wells, the problem is the deposits from basically running these engines is with methane they run them with basically coming raw out of the ground with no processing and they just get alot of deposits in the heads and then the valves go, both exhaust and intake, I have seen an intake almost plugged once the intake goes bad, but not as bad on the exhaust, I was just wondering if running a higher engine temp around 210 would help this problem, I knew a mail route runner when I was younger who ran propane at these temps and he got 300,00 out of a 292 chevy and when we tore the motor down it was extremely clean, I wonder if higher temps would help burn up the contaminates in the methane which is basically natural gas and no they don't want to try and process it better before it gets to these engines because they feel it is not as cost effective because of how long these motors actually last. 180 to 210 is 30 degrees, does anybody think this will help, I'm certain I can set up a test motor.

Hmmm see viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2490&p=22618#p22618

Go at once to http://fuelsforum.rasoenterprises.com/viewforum.php?f=6, and discuss this

Raise the heat by changing the thermodynamics at your peril. The operating temperature is based on load, cooling and advance. Over advancing and then adding water injecting and changing the termostat to raise engine heat is sound if the engine is doing more work. Your methane use should go down. Coil on plug EDIS ignition would be prefect with this, but spark ignition engines need proper flashback control.

Go to a 50% Water injection if you are running methane/CNG/LNG. Advance it, and use water to the mixer. If it uses a gasoline engine with an Impco digestor gas or natural gas carb, you can tee in a 16 thou brass water jet, and a conventional 5 US gal tank with a standard Ford washer motor. Work out the gallons per hour at various states, and adjust hole size or amount of discharges so the target water supply is 25 to 30% of fuel use under load, and have the metering start only under vaccum. Bosch/Siemens make a volt potentiometer which can turn the water on if the voltage is in a certain level of high vaccum. You need it turned off during cranking, and it has to operate as a MAP sensor with a safegaurd.

The coal tar and particulates will be cleaned out of the system with this.

Time to hook on to the CNG forums via http://fuelsforum.rasoenterprises.com/index.php

See http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/show ... &showall=1.

Exhast temperature with water injection doesn't go down, so you might find steam pitting of the exhast guides is the only problem then.

I wouldn't be happy with 50%water/ 5% acetone, 45% alcohol, but that would be the ideal anti detonation and cleaning solution, you'd get added power and good clean running.

In our I6 world, a good Impco Natural Gas or Lavato or Landi renzo CNG carb system with a good electronic ignition can make a lot of power

Back