All Small Six harmonic balancer

This relates to all small sixes

sams68

hi. Continuing work on my 200 with the logectomy intake. Ive now got the forged pistons from Racetec with the Toyota Supra rods and Stroked crank. Holly Super Sniper EFI-Nitrous. 1.75/1.5" valves. Roller rockers and double timing chain

I cant find a high performance harmonic balance with a belt groove. Has anyone ran a stock damper at 7000 rpm with nitrous or Turbo? Are there any suggestions/experience with a high performance damper mfrs? ATI has a small block ford Super-Damper without the pully groove, but then what to do with the belt alignment??

Try all the parts stores, Summit Racing & Rock Auto. Try Pioneer.
What length stroke did you get with the Toyota rods stroked crank?

What information did you have to give RaceTec to get your pistons made?
Their custom order form asks for a lot of information some I'm sure wasn't necessary.

I would like to get a set of forged pistons made for my planned 200 build.

Attachments

• RaceTec Custom_Order_Form_2020_07.pdf
    318.1 KB · Views: 1
I cant find a high performance harmonic balance with a belt groove. Has anyone ran a stock damper at 7000 rpm with nitrous or Turbo? Are there any suggestions/experience with a high performance damper mfrs? ATI has a small block ford Super-Damper without the pully groove, but then what to do with the belt alignment??
This is SFI rated and can be made to fit. Just need to shim water pump and alternator.

This is SFI rated and can be made to fit. Just need to shim water pump and alternator.

If you decide to get this HB, check to see if you can purchase it from another vendor than the one Jmustang_65 noted.
$120US to ship is a little high. I had a crossflow header shipped from Australia recently and it was only $100US.

What information did you have to give RaceTec to get your pistons made?
Their custom order form asks for a lot of information some I'm sure wasn't necessary.

I would like to get a set of forged pistons made for my planned 200 build.
I called and talked to one of their sales persons. They were great help to get that started. We conversed with their technical person a time or two until we were all satisfied to be on the same page. I called Total Seal to have them spec the rings, then had RT provide the rings and pins with the pistons.

Deck height, rod length/width, stroke, cylinder diameter, expected compression ratio, cylinder head chamber capacity, gasket thickness, valve clearance requirements, expected piston top configuration (flat, dome, cup). There may be others, but calling was the best route for me.

Good Luck!

If you decide to get this HB, check to see if you can purchase it from another vendor than the one Jmustang_65 noted.
$120US to ship is a little high. I had a crossflow header shipped from Australia recently and it was only $100US.
Perfect. Thanks So Much!

Last edited:
On page 18 of ''Ideal 200'' top of small six forum, there is some Romac balancers, the 200 is 1.250'' looks like 0222 would fit, check it out.
Edit, looks like 0217 is a better fit.

Last edited:
Dimensions for 0222 and 0217. Only differences are highlighted. Bolt holes 3 to 4 and Nominal Overall Length 2.920 to 2.630.
0217.jpg
0222.jpg

There's a post on this forum that addresses the same issue:

The balancer for the EA SOHC has similar dimensions to the 0217 listed above plus it has a 5-groove V-belt pulley.
Just what one needs for a supercharger.

There's a post on this forum that addresses the same issue:

The balancer for the EA SOHC has similar dimensions to the 0217 listed above plus it has a 5-groove V-belt pulley.
Just what one needs for a supercharger.
I did consider this when I did the blower on mine, but, I doubt that 5 ribs will be enough to drive a blower. I've got an 8 rib belt on mine and I get some belt slip above 12psi and over 3000rpm. If I clean out the belt grooves I dont get slip for a short time. I use the slip as a safety factory, (stock, old bottom end).

Back