Heat Temp Adhesives...will this work?

CobraSix

2K+
VIP
Okay...two questions. I know the debate about epoxy for the port divider. What about an adhesive/Sealant with a temperature range of -300 to 2300* F (consistant, 3000* peak). It is machinable and is recommended for repairs to exhaust systems, etc.

I'm thinking of this stuff for 2 applications:
1) Port Divider. IS the reason most high temp epoxy doesn't work is that most places only sell high temp epoxy that has a high temp of 500*?

2) Automatic choke mount for the clifford headers. I was thinking of using a couple of nuts and adhearing it to the headers using this stuff so I can still use my auto choke with the cliffy headers.

Any one have comments. This stuff is from a very rebutable company. My company has used them before for high temp repairs and it works great. I think I'm going to try it and I'll report back about what I find.

Slade

I researched ceramic putty as a port divider material. I found several that might work. You'd simply shape it into place and let it dry. It would completly cure in the exhaust heat.

I see no reason why it would not. We have tried many in the gasket industry for lamination of material. Usually the adhesives have trouble dealing with different fluids (immersion/ constant contact) work on gas but not antifreze or others. Strictly dealing with exhaust heat should not be a problem unless there is a lot of unburned fuel or oil etc.

Chris in Central Florida

Por15 sells a putty especially made to repair exhaust manifolds. will this work?

DB

MustangSix":32syqtv6 said:
I researched ceramic putty as a port divider material. I found several that might work. You'd simply shape it into place and let it dry. It would completly cure in the exhaust heat.

I purchased some expensive ceramic putty but found it had a short shelf
life and I was not ready to do the project and they gratefully took the product back. But it looked like the answer for me. Kragen sells a high temp putty in a container that is about 1.25 diameter looks like a pill container, I have some but have yet to try it and it is cheap. Ed ke6bnl

Back