I need a cheap intercooler for my budget turbo build

LanceC

I am slowly building up my 200 for a turbo I currently just have a header on it and I am slowly but surely getting a build sheet. I need a cheap intercooler that will fit and get the job done. I am not looking to go above 8-10 pounds of boost

Look at intercoolers at Summit racing and apply your price range in the price filter.

Take a look through treadstone also

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies so far! I also have another question and that is will the header I have effect ability to turbo? I wasn’t planning on turboing and my exhaust manifold cracked so I got a header.

If you can figure a way to route the exhaust from the header outlet flanges to the turbochargers, the header makes for an excellent turbocharger exhaust manifold.
You will want to wrap the header tubes with a heat wrap to keep the heat in the header and out of the engine compartment.

If you can figure a way to route the exhaust from the header outlet flanges to the turbochargers, the header makes for an excellent turbocharger exhaust manifold.
You will want to wrap the header tubes with a heat wrap to keep the heat in the header and out of the engine compartment.
Yeah that’s a good idea but idk how I will put the turbo in because it’s 3 to 1.

Last edited:
Back