La Pivetta

IMHO it does look like he stuck the tubes into the runners and then used either a reddish colored high temp epoxy or silicone to create a airtight seal.

I would hazard to guess the intake runner was machines to accept the manifold runner tube to slide in as the pipe doesnt look distorted and no welding or bolts to hold it in that I see.

Either or....John needs to come back with some more info ;) That is some good stuff right there.

Ron

maybe the nob on the front of the one is for a throttle return spring? other than that it looks like the nipple off of some sort of preasurized tank like o2 or propane

Anlushac11":1lrdvfah said:
IMHO it does look like he stuck the tubes into the runners and then used either a reddish colored high temp epoxy or silicone to create a airtight seal.

I would hazard to guess the intake runner was machines to accept the manifold runner tube to slide in as the pipe doesnt look distorted and no welding or bolts to hold it in that I see.

I'm pretty sure you are dead on there... I'm trying to get a pic of the head w/o manifold.

From the following you can see that it is a slip fit, and they are bolted in place (see bottom picture). Mr. Pivetta says they are good for 2 bar of boost...

admision2dj9.jpg

lpmachining.jpg

lpsinmultiple.jpg

lpbelow.jpg

wow i like the idea that the manifold is completely separate of the exhaust as much as possible, it seems that the gas mixture will stay as cool as possible for as long as possible...

Is he in Argentina? how much would it be to get one here (85225)... can he make it mount a stock 1100v? most important... is the head directly mountable 'as is' to a 200? (i ask due to the crossflow conversion process)

I like it because it's different and i don't think that anyone in the states actually has one so i would stand out :D, and i want to see some dyno tests...

-Richard

I'm just posting this to hopefully inspire someone (with a Bridgeport) down the road. For the price you would pay to get one of these from Argentina you could nearly buy an aluminum head from CI.

Back