M 90 supercharged 250

Got some pics of my by-pass valve, intercooler and piping and pulley and electric water pump finished. O and my 17 x 8 wheels, getting closer !.
xkeng1.jpg

xkeng2.jpg

xkeng3.jpg

xkeng4.jpg

xkeng5.jpg

xkeng6.jpg

what exactly did you do for the harmonic balancer, Is it a one off thing, sourced from another engine?

On a completely different note, and i don't know if this has been posted, and this is for an xflow but the idea still holds true has any one thought of doing something like this? with an efi set up, I guess it would keep you from running an intercooler.

http://www.aussiespeed.com/details/wp-c ... nifold.JPG

if you used a gm style m90 the spout might be long enough

i believe that all of us here would love to hear more about the brackets
i'd love to see them off of the engine if you have any pictures of that sort floating around

shoot, just better close up pictures of just the brackets would be wonderful

Mate you have got it goin on, absolutely fantastic, I can't wait to hear how that thing runs, I think it will run beyond your dreams fast, thanks for those great picks, you rock!!!!

what exactly did you do for the harmonic balancer, Is it a one off thing, sourced from another engine?
The harmonic balancer is of a EF Falcon 6 cylinder and goes straight on the early engines, its about a kilo heavier than the standard one which would help balance things out, Im also running the EF crank which is a 12 counter weight crank, should help with revvsss !

Im doing something similar with my XP, the main difference is that Ive got a Sprintex screw type supercharger, which I will be mounting on a fabricated intake on the opposite side of the engine. Im planning to use the standard water pump and alternator and drive belt, so hopefully no major heartache there.
Im also going to run LPG as my 250-2v is iron headed and has standard compression, which would mostly be too high for petrol. Im using a separate drive pulley which I will mount over the standard two sheeve 250 pulley with an adapter I can turn up. I think the stock 7 rib? belt that your using my not be up to the task, the sprintex is a 9 rib and they have higher adiabatic efficiency then the roots type eaton.
I hoping for around 200kW which should push my ute along quite nicely.
A7M
PS #4 spark plug must be a bit of a cow to get out!

i'd love to see them off of the engine if you have any pictures of that sort floating around

I think the stock 7 rib? belt that your using my not be up to the task,
Gday aussie7mains,
They use these belts and pulleys on the Holden supercharged 6 and V8 so it should be OK Ill let you know when I get it going. The spintex sounds good are you running it carb blowthrough or suck or are you injecting? I thought about doing it that way but wanted everything under the bonnet and with carb it would have to be suck through, and I always thought there was to much stuff with the manifolds on that side so went the other side to sort of even the engine bay out.

Asa":2zgchszj said:

When i pull it all down ill get some close ups.

I will be making my own log type manifold with the sprintex mounted way forward so that the inlet will be about where the carb on a stock 250-2v manifold is. Ill be using a GRA LPG mixer facing backwards (draw through) with an inlet to connect to the plenum forward of the windscreen. Ive got a 9 rib belt and pulleys, and hope to be able to get it all in without moving the radiator, I cant run a fan on the back side so it will have to go forward.
The engine has some sort of mild hydraulic cam, (unknown) and appears to be in good nick . Ive got enough room to fit the sprintex as its mostly forward of the shock tower, althought it wont hang out any further than the 2v manifold, Ive got a set of extractors but their not the best so I may make a new set to my design.
A7M

i dont think it'll fit.. but it sure does look purdy!!!! why exactly diddnt you just use the belt driven water pump? it seems like you could have made the bracket fit over top of it, and re rout the belt a little differently.. unless you couldnt get the right pulley.. maybe im not seeing something..

Can anyone tell me more about the bypass valve setup? I've never seen a roots blowing through the throttle, let alone a carburetor... Where's 400+ cfm of air going to go at 5,000 rpms when you lift off the throttle :unsure:: If the bypass valve opens from vacuum below the throttle plate, what's going to keep it from back flushing his air filter ?

Geday Balldrick, that's a beautiful setup, and similar to what I have planned for my XY wagon (iron head 2v), but instead of a blow-through I thought of mounting the Demon over the blower and splitting the blower pipe into 6 over the rocker cover. What do you intend to use for an air cleaner set-up? I had ideas of using an XW GT bonnet scoop to feed it, just to keep 'em guessing. By the way, I really want one of those ally heads, how much did it cost to land in Aus?

Awesome work, keep it up.

:beer:

Gday mates,
Been shifting house so havent done much in last few months. I have to get this thing on the road next year because its the 50 anniversary of AUS longest running moddel name the Ford Falcon.
A couple pixs of the plumbing for intercooler etc
enginenew3.jpg
[/img]
enginenew3.jpg

enginenew1.jpg

engine4.jpg

enginenew2.jpg

scoop.jpg
[/img]Hope to run the thermo fan cooled radiator for the intercooler under the scoop in photo ,not sure about inlet just yet.

What size snout is on the blower? I just picked up a new M90, but it only has a 8.8" snout, which I think is going to be to short. Fortunately Magnuson said they would exchange it, if I need a longer one. I really like how you mounted the S/C. Basically, I'll be doing the same, but with a different set up for the intercooler.

Snout extention From suport housing to out side of pulley roughly 13 1/2 inch.
A company in Aus make some diff size extentions.

Gday mate , the only thing sticking through the hood will be inter. cooler radiator ,wich is covered by scoop. I may make some alloy or stainless vents to go on the hood ither side of centre, one over the charger and maybe one over carb.

Back