M 90 supercharged 250

Well didnt get up to much over Christmass,New year as I was stuck down south because of Floods.Ive been driving her around my neighbourhood a bit without the hood on (i can see the fuel pressure gauge that way.(O and it looks cool) so i still havent got it running through the Intercooler. It pulls like a train! Ive only revved the moter to 5000rpm so far. Its still rich air fuel gauge sits about 12.BUT Ive blown the head gasket :x .That 5000rpm pull saw 10 PSI which is funny because when I calculated the pulley ratio it should of been about 7psi.(maybe exaust is restrictive single 2 1/4 inch).Any way Im onto a company to see about a MLS gasket.Iff its too expensive(maybe $700.00)ill go copper.
Ill let you know how it goes.

I'm taking notes Balldrick ;)

For one reason or another I've had a lot on my plate the last few years. Lately my attention has been on the '72 (factory) XY Falcon 4WD ute (like the one in my avatar). I have promised myself I will finally finish the XY Wagon this year. It has a 250 2v, T5, and a disc brake 9" LSD. The plan is to put the iron 2v on the ute, and on the wagon use an aluminium 2v like yours with an M90 blower. Not to hijack your thread old son, I just want you to know what an inspiration you have been to me. :thanks:

Jesse.

P.S. I hope the bloody floods didn't cause you too much grief, let alone Cyclone Yasi.

balldrick":1wwkuu81 said:
Im onto a company to see about a MLS gasket. If its too expensive (maybe $700.00) I'll go copper. I"ll let you know how it goes.
What thickness do you need? The reason I ask, I may call Cometic this week to see what ($$$) it will take to get things going, as the MSL gaskets are long over due..... ;)

Gday mate,
I would need about .056 at least for my set up.
One other thing I dont know if anyone else has had this but I got my alloy head with the oversize exhaust valves and when they cut the combustion chamber it goes past the gasket. Its only just past so I dont know if it really matters but I sent a gasket and drawing of it with slight modification to suit the head. It would be good to have them available.
AzCoupe":3rbq7unf said:
balldrick":3rbq7unf said:
Im onto a company to see about a MLS gasket. If its too expensive (maybe $700.00) I'll go copper. I"ll let you know how it goes.
What thickness do you need? The reason I ask, I may call Cometic this week to see what ($$$) it will take to get things going, as the MSL gaskets are long over due..... ;)

Well I just ordered a MLS gasket for the falcon $270.00 plus postage ill post some pics when it turns up. They say price for 5 $175.00 each. Ill check the first one and see what happens.

I would agree with you. With the target 7psi at 5000RPM, your exhaust is probably very restrictive, leading to the 10psi gauge pressure you saw. A single 2.25" exhaust is about the size you need for a good performing NA 200, much less that monster you have under that hood.

Again, beautiful work!

Thanks for the feadback.Do you think single 3 inch would be ok or should i bite the bullet and go twin 2.25?.any advice much appreciated
CobraSix":1paf7fgh said:
I would agree with you. With the target 7psi at 5000RPM, your exhaust is probably very restrictive, leading to the 10psi gauge pressure you saw. A single 2.25" exhaust is about the size you need for a good performing NA 200, much less that monster you have under that hood.

Again, beautiful work!

I think it's personal preference. Both will flow about the same and keep the exhaust temps up, thus keeping exit velocities up.

Question is do you want dual exhaust or single? And part of that is how it sounds. While I like dual exhaust, it can make muffler selection tricky since so many 'performance' mufflers will sound horrid (at least IMO) with only 3 cylinders feeding it. I ended up going with generic turbo mufflers.

But then again, with a supercharger feeding it, the should will be difference.

Balldrick do you happen to have a part number for that balancer? If i can find one and the price is right, it may be worthwhile to ship to the states.

WDoug72":1ctkb3jn said:
Balldrick do you happen to have a part number for that balancer? If i can find one and the price is right, it may be worthwhile to ship to the states.
Gday mate, Try these http://rossperformanceparts.com/heavy_duty_harmonic_balancers.html# Its the one for EL falcon 4.0l. part.no-RB296HD. Also http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/FORD-FAL...=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3ee3b1ba9fandhttp://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Harmonic...=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item19c87a2980 also someone in the Aussie 250 forum might be able to tell you if the latter model balancers will fit.As Ross make some good ones for performance and raceing.EF-EL balancer http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x180 ... mpaner.jpg

Back