M 90 supercharged 250

Gday Guys,
Well its been a while but im starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Got my block and internals back from machine shop and will start to put the engine together next week. Cleaned up engine bay and ran new brake lines. Fitted new coilovers and engine bay brace. Its all ended up costing a lot more than i originaly planed as doing up one thing made something else look daggy so I had to do that up and so forth.Heres some picks of some of the brackets forthose who asked
DSC01118.jpg

DSC01116.jpg

DSC01112.jpg

DSC01111.jpg

DSC01110.jpg

DSC01107.jpg

DSC01119.jpg

That will have to do for now ,trying to make these photos smaller sucks.I hate computers.

Gday JesseB,
I got my coilovers from a company in the states [Criss Alstons Chassisworks] there Total Control Products.varispings and shocks.As I had bought a kit from Castlemain Rod Shop many years ago with 2 inch dropped spindels running XY drilled and slotted rotors with HQ calipers I Didnt need RRS's whole strut brake assemble.Latter on I want to get TCP's upper and lower control arms. There not cheap but extremly adjustable and look cool.
JesseB":5nainb5f said:
Great work Balldrick, you're getting there mate. :beer: By the way, did you use RRS coil overs?

Well got my bottom end together today. Went pretty well, had a problem with a bottom oil ring it bent and i noticed a rub mark when i turned the motor over. (The one thing ive learnt is dont by cheap tools).Heres a couple pics.200 rods with 4.6l rover stroker pistons.
enginef.jpg

engined.jpg

Rear of block machined to take EF Falcon crank and seal.
enginec.jpg

EF crank in 250 pre-crossflow.
engineh.jpg

engineg.jpg

enginea.jpg

Diecrest eng. geardrive.
engineb.jpg

That's not a motor.... that's a work of art!

Seriously though, it's an inspiration to me for my 2v, thanks for posting Balldrick.

What a super professional job to be entertained by, can't wait to see and read more, simply fantastic work and craftsmanship. Now this is exciting!!!!!

JackFish":1qoqq18d said:
So tell us about the gear drive...
Gday JackFish, Its from a company here in Aus called Diecrest Enginering it was advertized to fit the 250 crossflow but as you can see it fits the Aus 250 pre-crossflow as well. This one is adjustable thay also make a non-adjustable a bit cheaper. It seems well made and the only mod needed is to file a slot in timeing cover. I dont know if they will fit the American 250?

Well got as far as i could go on the motor this week end, I need a magnetic base dial indicator to degree the cam. Ill get that done next weekend. So spent my time on egine bay she,s coming along nicely. heres some pics of bay and coilovers.

enginebay1.jpg

enginebay.jpg

enginebay3.jpg

coilover.jpg

You know Balldrick I've been thinking a lot about your project the last few days/weeks, and I'm wondering what kind of horsepower and quarter mile times she will push out. So I'm going to stick my neck out and make some predictions.

300 HP, sub 12 second quarter. ;)

Well i got the motor and gearbox in the engine bay and heres some pics.
newengine11.jpg

newengine6.jpg

newengine4.jpg

clearance on blower side is about 8mm, Im going to make up a bracket for an engine torque brace just in case.

newengine2.jpg

newengine5.jpg

I want to mount intercooler to a hood scoop so it lifts up with the hood.
newengine12.jpg

newengine13.jpg

Ill be running a 16 inch pusher fan.
newengine9.jpg

Theres just enough room (maybe).
newengine8.jpg

The heads not bolted on yet as I thought i could use my valve springs,retainers and collets of my 2V but to my dismay the alloy head has 5/16 valves and the 2V are bigger. So ive ordered some new gear and in the meantime im sorting all the plumbing. One more step closer.

JesseB":uf781jil said:
Balldrick, have you considered an RRS shock tower notching kit? Adds a lot of space. Have a look at this Youtube video... just a thought.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDFke4twWI4
Yes :x dont you hate it when you spend a heap of money and then find out latter you could of done it better.
dosent matter, Im on the look out for a 2 door body shell to transfer all my gear into and ill probable go RRS.

How are you going to get on with the DOT, they wont allow a supercharged 4.1 unless the cars weighs at least 1230kg.
Ive estimated my XP ute at 1150kg, your xk should be lighter without the extra reinforcing of the later cars.
I am doing something similar with my XP, sprintex supercharged 200 crossflow LPG.
I see youve got the old non callapsable column. Ive got to fit one and inertia reel seatbelts.
So far ive done the column and 4 wheel discs,
hope it all works out for you
A7m

:wow: As Neil Diamond once sung... "It's a beautiful noise". You must be stoked Balldrick, well done old son (y) :beer:

Back