M 90 supercharged 250

does the 250 balancer fit the 200? i can totally see a serp belt setup. for those of us running a 3g alternator and like a/c or p/s or all of the above.

i dont think you would he is not running one just a idler pulley he is using the alternator to tension the belt

Didnt end up using any of these........................Well it seems that my bypass valve
KGrHqQOKjYE6kTvZe0-BPNIIjbrCQ60_35.jpg

Is not working properly.when it was on the dyno the car would start to come into boost then it would drop right off.It would open and dump boost!! Im thinking maybe the springs not strong enough or something.Any way ive got one off these to try [img
41_1.jpg
][/img] it came with 3 springs to set tension and I also got one off these to set boost limmit
BLV5.jpg

Well its been a slow process but im starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel :D
Peter from Mopower Dyno rang and told me the head gasket turned up(took 8 weeks) but its a MLS and I believe its a Cometic from the states.Ill find out if anyones interested.
It cost me $600.00 but now there tooled up it should be cheeper.
He got her running again but she's only pumping 3psi with the 95mm pulley.He talked to Yela Terra here in Oz and they advise to use a 65 t0 70mm for 6 to 8psi(they said they had done a similar set up themselves) which I have and will send down tommorow.
The other concern is it needs a BIG blow of valve when coming of throttle as she keeps blowing hoses.So we'll get a bigger one.
He had a good look at the CLASSIC INLINES ALLOY HEAD when it was off and he seems to be quite impressed,so he is also keen to see how we go.
Ill keep you informed.

(y) good to hear some progress

I wonder what kind of torque you are making, as the 200 is known for HP and 250 for torque.

still I would have thought your shiny engine bay and all that chrome would have given it more than 200hp... :eek:

I fitted the Intercooler back on but havent put a water tank on yet.It seems quieter and Im also looking at a small resonator
resonators.jpg

maybe on the inlet to help with noise.I tried a muffler
engm.jpg

But It didnt make much differance as it has holes in it not perforations like the resonator on the right.Thinking of putting a cooler down the front under radiator area
radiator1.jpg

as I like it under the scoop but dont think it works that well there. The guys at the dyno want to fit water methanol injection as the heat up here in north QLD is a bugger.then up the boost to 10psi :eek: but what xctasy says seems right on the money,
Re: on the dyno

by xctasy » Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:25 pm

With the 1.33 loss factor (trans, 225's on the back, 9 inches loose even more) C4's generally have, that 158 corrected is likely to be 211 flywheel horspower before 90 cubes of blower huff. A stock EB XR8 was just 175 hp.

Any supercharged engine is a lot more complicated to tune than just a 4-bbl 250, so hang in there. Its a splendid first start. Detonation forces supercharged car tuners to drink performance increases sparingly like a man just rescued from the Death Valley, the Sahara, or the Nalabour.

My mate had a two blade Soarer Toyota SC14 Ogura in his formerly 177 flywheel hp NZ spec GM 3800 Port EFI Commodore VN 5-speed, a Rod Hattfield CRS kit which ran off the A/C switch. With one of these 85 cubers it added 30% more power, went up from 140 rear wheel hp to 182 rear wheel hp, or 230 hp at the flywheel. It had no intercooling, and suffered heat soak pretty quickly, but man, when a 2850 pound 16 second car gets another 30%, it does 14.5 second quarters flat.

Your weapon is intercooled, has more cubes, better breathing, and bearing in mind other NA 200 cubers are seeing 175 to 211 rwhp with just a 264 cam,

http://www.classicinlines.com/Dyno2.asp

Even with a lower compression, I see yours cracking the 215 to 265 rwhp mark before the M90 gets let loose, or 285 or more rear wheel hp mit blower.

I remember an intercooled Classic Inlines EFI Bronco doing 275 flywheel hp with 8 psi, and perhaps 325 with 10 psi, it too has an M90, it was Broncitis. Rebuilt with a rods after running one back in 2009
http://i717.photobucket.com/albums/ww17 ... ner029.jpg
http://i717.photobucket.com/albums/ww17 ... ner027.jpg

Once you get the cam and exhast event degreed, the ignition and carb tuned for best power, I'd be suprised if you don't get in to the 375 flywheel hp mark. A two blade 85 incher heats up way before an M90. But when you do get it tuned, you may find the real problem is that 90 cubic inches of blower might prove to be too small, it heats up when at the top of its cfm. If you drop the DUI and go for EDIS, you could fit an M112 in there, and power would soar in to the 400's.

But any supercharged car will always have bag loads of torque, and sizing a supercharger for 300 hp plus may not be a good idea. I love the way your system is packaged, and the M90 fits perfectly.

Trying a muffler on inlet to see if i can quiet down the super charger and put a hose to the ground on blow off valve. Dont believe everything on the net u just need one large adjustable blow off valve for this type of set up. Also get good hose clamps as trying to tune with dodgey ones is a bugger.Ran out of money (who would of thought lol) so it will probable be next year before I get it back on the road as Ive got half my suspention apart. Then back to the dyno and on to the quarter mile to see what she'll do. http://youtu.be/C-bh9xzCMvw

Back